TUFC 2017/18 Squad

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Rossi Martin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Rossi Martin »

GK - Clarke
GK -

LB - Davis
LB -

CB - McGinty
CB - Gowling
CB - Anderson

RB - Higgins
RB -

CM - Lathrope
CM - Young
CM - Chaney
CM - Klukowski

LW - Gosling
RW -
W -

ST - Keating
ST - *Pittman
ST -

*Although Pittman could be utilised as a winger depending on how Nicho sees it
Hopefully Ryan Brunt joins as well. I think a season in the conference off injury can really help him and with extra height along with the new American set pieces could become interesting
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

No contract length for him given by HE which is a bit unusual maybe.

Reid is training with us, Brunt is trialing likewise at Exeter.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Rossi Martin wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 21:38 GK - Clarke
GK -

LB - Davis
LB -

CB - McGinty
CB - Gowling
CB - Anderson

RB - Higgins
RB -

CM - Lathrope
CM - Young
CM - Chaney
CM - Klukowski

LW - Gosling
RW -
W -

ST - Keating
ST - *Pittman
ST -

*Although Pittman could be utilised as a winger depending on how Nicho sees it
Hopefully Ryan Brunt joins as well. I think a season in the conference off injury can really help him and with extra height along with the new American set pieces could become interesting
Brunt is training with Exeter.

http://m.devonlive.com/exeter-city-and- ... story.html
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

chunkygull wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 21:12 Paul Smith, now there was a pacy winger. Scared the piss out of defenders. One game vs Southend he ran two 3rds of the pitch with the ball beating all in his way before sublimely tucking the ball home. I remember he was really hitting form for us, especially v West Ham FA cup 3rd round when he set up the winner, but the got a very cruel broken leg vs Blackpool in round 4. When he came back he actually looked a better player, absolutely flying in the early part of 90/91 season. A very important part of our record unbeaten run and win streak until once again cruelly cut down by injury.I was there at the game, Smithy flew down the popside wing and just collapsed in a heap, a very bad hamstring injury if my memory is right Much was made of the duels he had with Rufus Brevett who was then at Doncaster, sadly they were cut short.
Smithy was great and I remember that goal against Southend. :bow:

I can't believe he's going to be 50 in October.............then again, I'm 44 so.......
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 21:42 He also went off injured at half time in the trophy final at Wembley, he had a calf injury towards the end of season that still plagued him in his last game. A strict caution is required here IMO.
We would hope that he went through a stringent fitness test before being offered a contract. Yes?

Shame about Ryan Brunt - I think he could have been a useful addition. I suppose with Joel Grant going from City to Argyle, it's hardly surprising. I wonder where Nathan Blissett will come in the striker pecking order at Plymouth ?
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

The squad is looking strong like Barrow's. Who do you think will be higher in the table come next April?

Ray
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Who are Barrow?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 30 Jun 2017, 06:10 The squad is looking strong like Barrow's. Who do you think will be higher in the table come next April? Ray
Paul Cox was badly let down during the short time he was at Torquay. As I understand it, he was working for nothing, except expenses, on the promise of a contract at the beginning of October (2015/16 season). The promised contract never happened. Unsurprisingly, he walked out and landed up in Barrow. On a peanut budget, he brought lots of misfits to Plainmoor who are mostly now playing in National North/South or Scottish football. But at least we had a team and I for one wish Paul Cox success with you lot as he's a good guy in my opinion.

Also, it's good to see Barrow, a former league club, back in the National League after years in the wilderness so I wish you a good season. From my limited knowledge of how things are behind the scenes at Barrow, I think the club is being run in a more professional manner than we are at present. There is much suspicion about the motives of our new owners - property developers, Gaming International. But hey - it would be good to see Barrow in the play-offs ..... with Torquay top of the league. ;-)
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 30 Jun 2017, 06:10 The squad is looking strong like Barrow's. Who do you think will be higher in the table come next April?

Ray

Impossible for most of us to answer as at this present time we dont know enough about our own new signings yet alone yours!

What I do know is to compete at the top end of the table you really require a goal scorer that hit 20+ goals a season and at present I dont believe we have that in our ranks. Currently I would forecast a mid table finish for us this season as our squad seems to have improved on paper... but nothing is ever boring at Torquay so who knows!
Rossi Martin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Rossi Martin »

With Brunt not an option maybe look at Benyon for a third spell scord 15 last season or Shaurn Jeffers scored 20 for Chelmsford last year. Also Jake Robinson scored 25 last season. All have FL experiance
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I would suggest that for a team to be challenging at the top end of any league it helps to have a striking duo rather than relying on one. Keating and Pittman? Time will tell. Or Keating or Pittman with ?
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

Rossi Martin wrote: 30 Jun 2017, 11:45 With Brunt not an option maybe look at Benyon for a third spell scord 15 last season or Shaurn Jeffers scored 20 for Chelmsford last year. Also Jake Robinson scored 25 last season. All have FL experiance
For me we need a presence up front, I think in that sense Brunt would be perfect.

Would want to see Benyon back or Robinson as not what we need in my opinion and not sure they would be a step up... wonder whether Scott Rendell is staying at Aldershot?!?
Rossi Martin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Rossi Martin »

Also could look at garita from Bristol City. I know he was dog poo at Arygle but won young player of the year and City really rate him. Could be a shout
NichoArmy
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by NichoArmy »

Rossi Martin wrote: 30 Jun 2017, 12:06 Also could look at garita from Bristol City. I know he was dog poo at Arygle but won young player of the year and City really rate him. Could be a shout
Decent shout actually. Very strong player, failing that perhaps we could get McClouskey back, didn't really get a chance last time but he's very highly rated, got something about him

:scarf: :scarf:
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

jake Robinson is well worth a shout as the guy has pace and is tricky , cant understand why he has dropped to that level, we should have hung on to him when we had the chance.