TUFC 2017/18 Squad

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 14:13 agree Jeff.
I think KN has done well re recruitment under what must still be difficult circumstances.
it would be a shame to spoil it with Fallon - when we ourselves know as fans there are still a number of better and more suitable strikers out there.
it would definitely be a lazy and somewhat poor decision to give him a deal.
SNW - you're assuming there is budget available for one of those better strikers that is out there. I'm simply not convinced as the squad has far more experience than last year which I doubt has come cheaply. I still think taking a free, extended look at Fallon hurts nobody and I can't really understand the fuss.
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Bournemouth striker Jordan Lee has signed a loan deal, keeping him at Plainmoor for the first half of the season.

Ray
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by smw1989 »

Cheers Ray, however Jordan Lee is definitely not a striker... this signing balances out the wings not the striking options.
PaulBreen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by PaulBreen »

Get another decent striker, and probably not Rory Fallon, and maybe somebody a bit versatile in defence so they can play a few emergency positions and this squad is really starting to take shape. But when you think that most teams will have about 10 players more in their squad than what Torquay have right now, it's going to take an injury free season to be up there challenging for play offs. Hope it happens though.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

GK - Clarke
GK - Osborn

LB - Davis

LB Cover - Anderson/Chaney/Nicholson

CB - McGinty
CB - Gowling
CB - Anderson

CB Cover - Klukowski

RB - Higgins
RB Cover - Lee

CM - Lathrope
CM - Young
CM - Klukowski
CM(A) - Chaney

CM(A) or W - Gosling

W - Reid
W - Lee

W Cover - Pittman

ST - Keating
ST - Pittman
ST - Gray

ST Cover - Reid

Latest squad above. Lee has definitely helped bring it together and it seems more solid with his addition. For me we are lacking in two positions and that is we have no natural width (Lee has done well there but is a new position and Gosling/Reid are not natural wingers) and we lack a physical presence upfront. It could be Fallon is added for this role (as discussed on another thread) but I would ideally like to see a quick tricky winger added and a target man of a better calibre that Fallon offers at this stage of his career.

In an ideal world we would add an additional player who is better placed to cover the left back role (as there has to be worries over Davis and Anderson's fitness and pre-season conditioning) but I would think perhaps the loan market might be utilised if needed rather than a full contract.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

exilegull wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 19:16 SNW - you're assuming there is budget available for one of those better strikers that is out there. I'm simply not convinced as the squad has far more experience than last year which I doubt has come cheaply. I still think taking a free, extended look at Fallon hurts nobody and I can't really understand the fuss.
im not assuming anything exilegull.

id rather we'd held onto any available funds than spend it on fallon...look at his recent goalscoring record.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Will Hancox has left TU and signed for Rushall Olympic, managed by Wayne Thomas.
Good luck for the future Will.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Which means I will be seeing him play this season when Rushall come to Whitby in the league (and welcome Wayne Thomas too).