TUFC 2017/18 Squad

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

The end of the "is he - isn't he?" / "should he - shouldn't he?" debate then. Now we can move on ......
TUST member 200 ;-)
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

monkeyboy wrote: 21 Jun 2017, 14:48 I liked Courtney, but I think Youngy will flourish if he doesn't has to track back as often to cover Courtney's sluggishness.
Sluggishness isn't the word I'd use to describe CR to be fair - he covered a lot of ground most of the time. The issue was when he was in close proximity to the ball!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

And here is Courtney talking about his move - sounds like he's not sure why he moved - admits to knowing nothing about his new club. So his reason for leaving Torquay was ? Courtney says to take him to the next level. No disrespect to the Silkmen, but honestly is that the best team Courtney could find to take him to the next level?

http://www.mtfc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 31612.aspx

The Silkmen now have seven players - at least we have 10 - although they have signed a decent keeper. However, on paper I would not swap our players for theirs.

Mixed response from Silkmen fans to Courtney signing - "Been captain/regular in a rubbish side" " very average signing" "aren't mind-blowing signings... 2 captains (of course from worse teams)" "can you blame me for not being excited over signing a centre mid who Torquay fans are unsure on who continually avoids relegation by the skin of his teeth?" ----- "Captain at Torquay too- happy with this signing" "Courtney was a captain at 23 years old and so clearly has great leadership qualities" " Exactly the type of CM we were missing last season" .

Courtney served our club well and was an honest and hard working player, who maybe lacked the cutting edge in the skill/passing dept. Nonetheless I wish him well at his new club and hope he is given a warm welcome when he returns to Plainmoor next season.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Good luck to him. Certainly won't be losing any sleep over this.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Jamie Vardy must be over the moon today, now that his scheme has managed to place Courtney Richards in the bright lights of Macclesfield! What a career move for him.

Not too fussed about this, Richards was one of the least impressive midfielders we've had in years. We certainly didn't miss him when he was absent at the tail end of last season. Good luck to him though, he at least always tried while he was here.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

SenorDingDong wrote: 21 Jun 2017, 19:04 Jamie Vardy must be over the moon today, now that his scheme has managed to place Courtney Richards in the bright lights of Macclesfield! What a career move for him.
I very much doubt that John Askey decided to try and sign Courtney Richards as a result of the V9 enterprise.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

MellowYellow wrote: 21 Jun 2017, 17:18 And here is Courtney talking about his move - sounds like he's not sure why he moved - admits to knowing nothing about his new club. So his reason for leaving Torquay was ? Courtney says to take him to the next level. No disrespect to the Silkmen, but honestly is that the best team Courtney could find to take him to the next level?

http://www.mtfc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 31612.aspx

The Silkmen now have seven players - at least we have 10 - although they have signed a decent keeper. However, on paper I would not swap our players for theirs.

Mixed response from Silkmen fans to Courtney signing - "Been captain/regular in a rubbish side" " very average signing" "aren't mind-blowing signings... 2 captains (of course from worse teams)" "can you blame me for not being excited over signing a centre mid who Torquay fans are unsure on who continually avoids relegation by the skin of his teeth?" ----- "Captain at Torquay too- happy with this signing" "Courtney was a captain at 23 years old and so clearly has great leadership qualities" " Exactly the type of CM we were missing last season" .

Courtney served our club well and was an honest and hard working player, who maybe lacked the cutting edge in the skill/passing dept. Nonetheless I wish him well at his new club and hope he is given a warm welcome when he returns to Plainmoor next season.
Firstly good luck to him. Secondly if Macclesfield is his move to his next level, then his agent must have got a nice little earner.
I'm personally glad he's gone. The dead wood is gone, time for a fresh start. Not sure how Nicholson feels, but of his category A offered a new contract, the ones I wanted to stay have
Lucy
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

lucy6lucy wrote: 21 Jun 2017, 20:49 Firstly good luck to him. Secondly if Macclesfield is his move to his next level, then his agent must have got a nice little earner.
I'm personally glad he's gone. The dead wood is gone, time for a fresh start. Not sure how Nicholson feels, but of his category A offered a new contract, the ones I wanted to stay have
Surely you wanted Sparkes to stay?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Richinns wrote: 21 Jun 2017, 21:28 Surely you wanted Sparkes to stay?
Fair enough. But still happy with current recruitment
Lucy
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

lucy6lucy wrote: 21 Jun 2017, 20:49 [/quote Firstly good luck to him. Secondly if Macclesfield is his move to his next level, then his agent must have got a nice little earner.
It's the "next level" I don't get. Silkmen had a decent run last season 9th in league but their avg gate was still 30% worse than our's (and how bad were we). In the video he looks around their ground as if to say - what the f*@! am I doing here! I think it just being on the next level of living the life of football journeyman. I don't think you were the only one who was actually surprised he got a category A offer, I was even more surprised than he did not accept it and absolutely stunned to find a manager actually went out of his way to sign him. Football -its a funny old game!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

MellowYellow wrote: 21 Jun 2017, 22:27 It's the "next level" I don't get. Silkmen had a decent run last season 9th in league but their avg gate was still 30% worse than our's (and how bad were we). In the video he looks around their ground as if to say - what the f*@! am I doing here! I think it just being on the next level of living the life of football journeyman. I don't think you were the only one who was actually surprised he got a category A offer, I was even more surprised than he did not accept it and absolutely stunned to find a manager actually went out of his way to sign him. Football -its a funny old game!
Agree entirely. But what's the odds he will score against us next season. :@ merse where does he live? If that move is for location purposes wtf has he been at torquay for the previous 3 seasons
Lucy
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

lucy6lucy wrote: 21 Jun 2017, 22:39 Agree entirely. But what's the odds he will score against us next season. :@ merse where does he live? If that move is for location purposes wtf has he been at torquay for the previous 3 seasons
Odds to score - forget it - I will give you a 1,000 to 1 that he does not manage to pass it to one of his own players in the 90 minutes. :)
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

MellowYellow wrote: 21 Jun 2017, 23:14 Odds to score - forget it - I will give you a 1,000 to 1 that he does not manage to pass it to one of his own players in the 90 minutes. :)
I'll have a tenner at those odds....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

lucy6lucy wrote: 21 Jun 2017, 22:39merse where does he live?
Birmingham
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

wont be missed I'm afraid. conference south player at best