TUFC 2017/18 Squad

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Rossi Martin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Rossi Martin »

Glostergull wrote: 17 Jul 2017, 22:26 So.We have 3 strikers. (hopefully, none of them will go on strike) 1 left winger. 1 right winger. 4 central midfielders. 1 left back 1 right back. 3 centre backs and 2 goalkeepers. who would you add? or would you think its best to hold on to the money pot and if we need anyone later on at least then we will have the money for them. Better than going cap in hand and trying to beg off the board who we know will likely ask for his resignation.
t is possible we may yet need another goalkeeper if Clarky is injured. oh and if someone would like to update the members of our team as listed on page 9.its a handy reference tool
Think now hold onto what we have a look at some loan signings for West Brom or maybe Bristol City
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Could someone help out this tired old gull and print an up-to-date squad list here for me .. along with positions if possible?

Many thanks in advance.

TOG
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Tired Old Gull wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 14:51 Could someone help out this tired old gull and print an up-to-date squad list here for me .. along with positions if possible?

Many thanks in advance.

TOG
Here you go:

GK - Clarke
GK - Osborn

LB - Davis
LB -

CB - McGinty
CB - Gowling
CB - Anderson

RB - Higgins
RB -

CM - Lathrope
CM - Young
CM - Chaney
CM - Klukowski

LW - Gosling
RW - Reid
W -

ST - Keating
ST - Pittman
ST - Gray
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

CraigUnder wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 15:07 Here you go:

GK - Clarke
GK - Osborn

LB - Davis
LB -

CB - McGinty
CB - Gowling
CB - Anderson

RB - Higgins
RB -

CM - Lathrope
CM - Young
CM - Chaney
CM - Klukowski

LW - Gosling
RW - Reid
W -

ST - Keating
ST - Pittman
ST - Gray
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

To be pedantic I think you'll find:
LW - Reid
RW - Gosling
LankyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by LankyGull »

The squad is slowing coming together, need another winger and possibly a full back for cover but Chaney could be that person. I never thought I would say that!!

Didn't exactly set the world alight but he was steady and I don't feel he was really out of his depth in any way.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by CP Gull »

Realistically, I think our defence is now complete and you could add Nicho himself as the back up LB and Will Hancox - who seems to be back with us (squad number 2?) as back up RB. It would also appear that young Tallan Mitchell is now with us too, so another to add to the CM roster.

I think we may still add 2 or 3 more and if we do they will surely be in the target man and winger positions?
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

A squad of 16 to 18 will produce the very results we have seen in pre season.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

LankyGull wrote: 21 Jul 2017, 17:28 The squad is slowing coming together, need another winger and possibly a full back for cover but Chaney could be that person. I never thought I would say that!!

Didn't exactly set the world alight but he was steady and I don't feel he was really out of his depth in any way.
Ah somebody has woken up! :-D
LankyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by LankyGull »

arcadia wrote: 21 Jul 2017, 21:20 Ah somebody has woken up! :-D
Just about! :lol: he's young enough that he could be retrained in both full back positions ideally as he's right footed I believe! If we can make Verma into a full back then anyone can be one!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I think we can discount Jack Compton signing for us now, as apparently he is close to a deal with Bath City.

Still some interesting trialists doing the rounds at clubs not far from us. Ryan Brunt and Tyler Harvey at Exeter; Louis Rooney, Alefe Santos, Conor Riley-Lowe, Jermaine Easter, Daniel Alfei at Yeovil (who have recently trialled and seemingly rejected Jennison Marie-Williams).

Although I'd much prefer us to have had the final, settled squad by now there are still players out there we could consider before we should be resorting to Rory Fallon
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Jeff wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 13:49 I think we can discount Jack Compton signing for us now, as apparently he is close to a deal with Bath City.

Still some interesting trialists doing the rounds at clubs not far from us. Ryan Brunt and Tyler Harvey at Exeter; Louis Rooney, Alefe Santos, Conor Riley-Lowe, Jermaine Easter, Daniel Alfei at Yeovil (who have recently trialled and seemingly rejected Jennison Marie-Williams).

Although I'd much prefer us to have had the final, settled squad by now there are still players out there we could consider before we should be resorting to Rory Fallon
agree Jeff.
I think KN has done well re recruitment under what must still be difficult circumstances.
it would be a shame to spoil it with Fallon - when we ourselves know as fans there are still a number of better and more suitable strikers out there.
it would definitely be a lazy and somewhat poor decision to give him a deal.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 14:13 I think KN has done well re recruitment under what must still be difficult circumstances.
I'm not saying he hasn't 'recruited well' but I am saying he obviously hasn't (yet) recruited enough......but what (in the context of just being another NL club) are these difficult circumstances?

After all we have signings already in the bag telling us what a fantastic stadium and training ground we have and no doubt they are still in the thralls of amazement at the beautiful coastal scenery and the fact that they can walk amongst the townsfolk and assume the mantle of giants amongst men ~ until they realise that it's the Model Village they have been visiting and not the town centre where they can stroll in complete anonymity.

Just wait until they find out that the fantastic stadium is no longer wanted, the training ground actually belongs to a farmer who wants to sell it for housing and that Torquay does have very long and dull winters.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

merse btpir wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 16:04 I'm not saying he hasn't 'recruited well' but I am saying he obviously hasn't (yet) recruited enough......but what (in the context of just being another NL club) are these difficult circumstances?

After all we have signings already in the bag telling us what a fantastic stadium and training ground we have and no doubt they are still in the thralls of amazement at the beautiful coastal scenery and the fact that they can walk amongst the townsfolk and assume the mantle of giants amongst men ~ until they realise that it's the Model Village they have been visiting and not the town centre where they can stroll in complete anonymity.

Just wait until they find out that the fantastic stadium is no longer wanted, the training ground actually belongs to a farmer who wants to sell it for housing and that Torquay does have very long and dull winters.
I meant the GI thing.

......and thanks for brightening up my day Merse.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

I think he's got to be like any other manager who needs to concentrate on what he can influence ~ namely what happens at three o'clock on a Saturday afternoon and leave the rest to fate.........it's not only at Torquay United you know. Players won't give a monkeys about GI.