TUFC 2017/18 Squad

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

TUFC 2017/18 Squad

Post by Richinns »

Well - lot's of work to be done!

As it currently stands is listed below. I will update this as positions are confirmed but I think a squad of 19 is a fair expectation (with the loan market to be utilised as suspensions and injuries hit).

Obviously the versatility of some players means positions are not fixed as listed below but it gives a fair idea of what is needed and how far we are currently away from holding a squad for next season.

GK -
(R)GK -

LB -
(R)LB -

CB - McGinty
CB -
(RCB) -

RB -
(R)RB -

CM - Lathrope
CM - Young
(R)CM - Chaney
(R)CM -

LW - Gosling
RW -
(R)W -

ST - Keating
ST -
(R)ST -
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Given the silence can we assume that Brenda Moore and Courtney Richards who contracts expired on 30.06.2017 and technically no longer Torquay players have gone to pastures new. Osbourne's promise of a promotion pushing squad looks more depleted by the day.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Rowe-Turner gets a one year deal at Chester.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

and they are welcome to him, maybe Richards can go there as well.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

The question is - is he better than the 'nobody' we have got at the moment. I personally would have like him to stayed. For a bottom half conference side I thought he would be an asset. Still plenty of aspiring 'minimum wage' 17 year olds, to take his place on one months loan.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Completely agree with some of the comments above. LRT was a poor full back and always looked frightened to receive the ball.

The lack of incoming players is not a concern to me yet but it's not going to entice anybody to take a punt on a ST.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Milner33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Post by Milner33 »

Burnhamgull wrote: 12 Jun 2017, 17:02 Completely agree with some of the comments above. LRT was a poor full back and always looked frightened to receive the ball.

The lack of incoming players is not a concern to me yet but it's not going to entice anybody to take a punt on a ST.
I liked LRT by far not the most talent but he had passion even coming over to the fans, we haven't had a decent left back since KN. He mat not have been the best LB in the work however he added something to the team and he did improve towards mid to late of the season. I am disappointed he has left.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Does anyone know what happened to Racine? Has he recovered, was he released by FGR?
Milner33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Milner33 »

My (realistic) team for 2017/18

GK: Moore

LB Dan Butler (I would love Levi Ives back)

CB McGinty (Anderson)

CB Josh Gowling ( Paul Rooney)

RB Galifuoco

CM Young ( Maybe Joe Ward cos he has left WBA)

CM Lathrope

LW Gosling (Iffy Allen)

RW Fitzpatrick (Hopefully Jordan Lee)

ST Keating ( Jamie Reid)

ST Bowman ( Maybe Blissett on loan)
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Bloggy wrote: 12 Jun 2017, 17:38 Does anyone know what happened to Racine? Has he recovered, was he released by FGR?

He was expected to be out of action for at least a year after sustaining that serious knee ligament damage less than an hour into his debut for the Gulls. He is under contact to FGR to 30.06.2018, although was technically a Torquay United player until the 30/06/17 as we were obliged to cover his wages under his loan agreement. I expect he will use the one year left on his FGR contract to attempt to regain fitness and look for another club in the 2018/19 season. Will still only be 27 so one to keep on the watch list I would have thought
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Milner33 wrote: 12 Jun 2017, 17:55 My (realistic) team for 2017/18 [glow=red]Some more realistic than others I'm afraid! [/glow]

GK: Moore

LB Dan Butler (I would love Levi Ives back) [glow=red]No chance - has another year at Newport and voted POTY by readers of their local rag[/glow]

CB McGinty (Anderson)

CB Josh Gowling ( Paul Rooney)

RB Galifuoco

CM Young ( Maybe Joe Ward cos he has left WBA) - [glow=red]Sadly, Joe Ward has retired from professional football and will only play "for fun" from now on[/glow]

CM Lathrope

LW Gosling (Iffy Allen) [glow=red]Iffy Alen signed for Bromley last month[/glow]

RW Fitzpatrick (Hopefully Jordan Lee)

ST Keating ( Jamie Reid)

ST Bowman ( Maybe Blissett on loan) [glow=red]Bowman has been down for talks but has decided to see out his contract with Motherwell - maybe next year? [/glow]
As for Racine, Bloggy. I don't know how he is progressing with his serious knee injury , but at the outset the early prognosis was that he would be out until early 2018 - fortunately for him he still has another year on his contract with FGR and so is still with them.
Milner33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Milner33 »

CP Gull wrote: 12 Jun 2017, 18:35 As for Racine, Bloggy. I don't know how he is progressing with his serious knee injury , but at the outset the early prognosis was that he would be out until early 2018 - fortunately for him he still has another year on his contract with FGR and so is still with them.
Fair enough!! Thanks for the feedback.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Thanks for the replies regarding Racine. I thought it would be a little early for any potential return. Hadn't realised he was tied up with FGR until next year.
KeithMalone
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by KeithMalone »

The TUFC twitter feed has just run tweetded: INCOMING, not too late to announce a signing is it?
dazmangull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by dazmangull »

Don't get to excited it's Anderson !
TUST number 074