TUFC 2017/18 Squad

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I see Barrow sign David Fitzpatrick on a one year contract following release by AFC Wimbledon . Was he not worthy of an approach
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

MellowYellow wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 14:01 I see Barrow sign David Fitzpatrick on a one year contract following release by AFC Wimbledon . Was he not worthy of an approach
And you know 100% that we didn't?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

His Barrow wages would be well ahead of ours
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

I doubt his wages would be more than we would offer , as I understand it they are part time and train twice a week in Manchester as most of their players live all over the country. they don't have their own training ground , of course things may have changed in the pre season so I could be wrong but certainly they were part time last season.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Zippy wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 15:52 I doubt his wages would be more than we would offer , as I understand it they are part time and train twice a week in Manchester as most of their players live all over the country. they don't have their own training ground , of course things may have changed in the pre season so I could be wrong but certainly they were part time last season.
I think you'll find that they are (and have been) well financed. the rest of your post is correct.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

I stand corrected then.
timmax
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Loram

Post by timmax »

3 key signings for me to get. Centre mid, right wing and a big man up top. So far so good much better than I thought we would be signing. Good to see a bit more of a pacey team developing.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Right we are all back from Barrow now. Let's get down to it. Training started today and we are numerically 5 players down. Can we assume the Herald Express knows the ex Youth team goalie and the Welsh League cf are two trialists- any informed guesses about anyone else. ? I wonder whether we have seen the last of GG? Never rule out utility players.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Glostergull and Dutchgull were you thinking of Paul Hall?
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

This is the fella I was thinking of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Smit ... born_1967)
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

It all looks rather promising. We are still a few first team players light, and I would expect that the remaining 'reserve' positions will be filled by the odd loanee and trialist. I see in the Herald that we are still interested in Reid, and if we have the budget then that seems a no-brainer, but hopefully not instead of a first choice target man to build the team around.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Updated list:

GK - Clarke
GK -

LB - Davis
LB -

CB - McGinty
CB - Gowling
CB - Anderson

RB - Higgins
RB -

CM - Lathrope
CM - Young
CM - Chaney
CM - Klukowski

LW - Gosling
RW -
W -

ST - Keating
ST - *Pittman
ST -

*Although Pittman could be utilised as a winger depending on how Nicho sees it
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

portugull wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 21:00 Glostergull and Dutchgull were you thinking of Paul Hall?
Actually no. I was thinking of a player who was normally a striker but was I am sure out on the wing several times Jo Kuffour
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Dutchgull wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 21:14 This is the fella I was thinking of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Smit ... born_1967)
Paul Smith, now there was a pacy winger. Scared the piss out of defenders. One game vs Southend he ran two 3rds of the pitch with the ball beating all in his way before sublimely tucking the ball home. I remember he was really hitting form for us, especially v West Ham FA cup 3rd round when he set up the winner, but the got a very cruel broken leg vs Blackpool in round 4. When he came back he actually looked a better player, absolutely flying in the early part of 90/91 season. A very important part of our record unbeaten run and win streak until once again cruelly cut down by injury.I was there at the game, Smithy flew down the popside wing and just collapsed in a heap, a very bad hamstring injury if my memory is right Much was made of the duels he had with Rufus Brevett who was then at Doncaster, sadly they were cut short.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).