New shirt Sponsor

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Milner33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

New shirt Sponsor

Post by Milner33 »

According to the Herald Express the new shirt sponsor will be releases this week. Does anyone know of any company that may be the shirt sponsor. Also, why was 420 Skate store only given one year???
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Perhaps they didn't want to renew. Maybe sponsoring us resulted in no increased business for them. Companies don't sponsor football clubs for benevolent reasons, it is done for business reasons.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Because they are funding a 'professional skating' team now they don't have the funds to renew at the same level as before leaving the club needing to try to retain or even better that level of sponsorship from elsewhere.
MarkL
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by MarkL »

Would like to have Bays Brewery sponsor us... 420 Skatestore was the least embarrassing thing to be emblazoned across our shirts for a few years.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

If your middle aged, fat with a beer gut and balding 420 skatestore is a pretty embarrasing thing to have wrapped across your man boobs.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

MarkL wrote: 08 Jun 2017, 10:16 Would like to have Bays Brewery sponsor us... 420 Skatestore was the least embarrassing thing to be emblazoned across our shirts for a few years.
I wore my shirt at work for a particular event and a young Goth asked somebody else "Does he know he has 420 across his shirt?"!
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Not liked (or bought) the last two home kits. So I'm hoping for an improvement on them... as long as it isn't an excuse to hike the price up!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Given what Nike did to the England kit I wouldn't hold my breathe that this is going to look good.
Probably be yellow with blue sleeves, yellow shorts, blue stockings.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Yeah Nike's templated designs are usually crap, actually there's a thread on the Reddit soccer subreddit right now discussing it. So I wouldn't expect anything good looking and it definitely won't be customised (although I doubt anyone seriously expected it would), especially given the fact that we're getting the kit from Pro Direct and not directly from Nike. Still it'll be a nice and slightly surreal situation to see the club lining up in a smart well known brand rather than Vandanel, TSG or all the other random companies we've dealt with. Will be very interesting to see whether shirt sales spike - although the club probably won't release that information.

I've been a vocal critic of GI over the past year and I'm still infinitely suspicious of what they're up to but this is another decent move from them in the pre-season, the club should have been working with Pro Direct long before now given their geographic links. It needs to have a strong and deep link with the few successful local companies if it is to be a success, if this is followed up with something like a shirt sponsorship deal with Bays Brewery then I'd be very happy.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

SenorDingDong wrote: 09 Jun 2017, 13:34
I've been a vocal critic of GI over the past year and I'm still infinitely suspicious of what they're up to but this is another decent move from them in the pre-season, the club should have been working with Pro Direct long before now given their geographic links. It needs to have a strong and deep link with the few successful local companies if it is to be a success, if this is followed up with something like a shirt sponsorship deal with Bays Brewery then I'd be very happy.
Pro-Direct were approached a long time ago now and a deal was in place, but there was a long standing agreement with Vandenel at the time and a certain female chief executive scuppered the idea!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Well having Nike on the shirt is a positive , let's hope the cost of having Nike on the shirt doesn't cost the earth when buying the shirt
Lucy
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

lucy6lucy wrote: 09 Jun 2017, 19:23 Well having Nike on the shirt is a positive , let's hope the cost of having Nike on the shirt doesn't cost the earth when buying the shirt
Can't imagine it costing much more than the current shirts, the price of a Torquay United shirt is already ridiculous and not much cheaper than EPL shirts.
Babbacombe warrior
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Keating

Post by Babbacombe warrior »

I imagine the attached will be the new shirt?
Attachments
New kit
New kit
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Good God I hope not, that looks disgusting IMHO.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com