New shirt Sponsor

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Babbacombe warrior wrote: 09 Jun 2017, 20:36 I imagine the attached will be the new shirt?

Christ! I hope not.

The likes of Luke Young and McGinty will carry it off and I'm sure Sam Chaney will love it but with my physique I'll be hunting for the XXXL size. :aww: l'll be sticking with last season's shirt with the silly flappy collar.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

With it fitting like that, I'm going to need a XXXXXXXXXXL! And borrow my mum's corset.
TUST member 200 ;-)
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

It's slightly concerning you know your Mum has a corset......
gullyguyleo
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Brendan Moore

Post by gullyguyleo »

Tired Old Gull wrote: 09 Jun 2017, 13:48 Pro-Direct were approached a long time ago now and a deal was in place, but there was a long standing agreement with Vandenel at the time and a certain female chief executive scuppered the idea!
[/quote

The previous deal that was proposed was completely unrealistic and quoted championship minimums which would be a crazy deal for a club of our size. This deal sounds much more realistic and surely the kudos of having Nike on the shirt will be a big positive without the commitment of thousands of shirts that wouldn't sell?!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

gullpower wrote: 10 Jun 2017, 08:40 Christ! I hope not.

The likes of Luke Young and McGinty will carry it off and I'm sure Sam Chaney will love it but with my physique I'll be hunting for the XXXL size. :aww: l'll be sticking with last season's shirt with the silly flappy collar.
I don't know what it's like for kits nowadays but all of the US kits (MLS clubs, and national side) have the option to buy either 'authentic' or 'replica' versions. The replica version has a slightly different cut that is more forgiving for those of us who have...expanded a bit.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Oh, also - I'd love if Bays Brewery could be sponsors; I generally feel that local companies should sponsor smaller sides like us,
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

sgf wrote: 10 Jun 2017, 16:06 It's slightly concerning you know your Mum has a corset......
She left it to me in her will. A caring mother who considered such eventualities. o:)
TUST member 200 ;-)