Josh Gowling poised to sign.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Josh Gowling poised to sign.

Post by midtable »

A 6ft 3 (1.91m for the teenagers) centre back. Recently released by Grimsby and aged 33.
A good addition but still wary of Nico's limited contacts because this is yet another player he knew when they were team mates at Kidderminster.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

Decent signing, would be a good pairing with Mcginty.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Guys this has already been talked about in the Transfer Rumours thread stickied at the top of the forum.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

If Nico's contacts mean we've got a better chance of bringing Gowling to us, then I'll be celebrating. While I acknowledge that many older Managers may have more people they can ring up and ask for an opinion, sharing a dressing room with, and playing alongside someone gives you a better and more thorough insight into a player than any older Manager whose playing days are long finished could possibly have.

Hopefully we'll weigh up the advantages alongside some disadvantages, as Kev having played with or against many of the players in this division is a real plus point, whereas only highlighting a negative aspect doesn't always give a true reflection.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Bleeper wrote: 07 Jun 2017, 09:18Guys this has already been talked about in the Transfer Rumours thread stickied at the top of the forum.
.......and where I emphasised it was something that had been told to me rather than something concrete; BTPIR is now being told that Ryan Bowman (although he came in for talks) has decided to continue at Motherwell and fight for his place there under their new manager.
Last edited by merse btpir on 07 Jun 2017, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Bleeper wrote: 07 Jun 2017, 09:18 Guys this has already been talked about in the Transfer Rumours thread stickied at the top of the forum.
No harm should you or one or two others want to persevere with that, but I don't think it will have wide appeal. My guess is that over the Summer months Forum members will continue to indicate a preference for separate threads to discuss players individually.

In fact floating free, rather than stuck up with the dead men (threads last used in Apr 2016, and March 2017) may have give the 'Rumours' thread a better chance. Something like the 'More of Moore' thread already has more views and only went up on Saturday. Time will tell, but ultimately I don't think it'll really catch on.
Milner33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Post by Milner33 »

Great Player and great on FM too he is experienced and will be an excellent partnership with mcginty someone with a right foot. Also, he was named in the national league team of the season a couple of seasons ago too!!!!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Zippy wrote: 07 Jun 2017, 08:31 Decent signing, would be a good pairing with Mcginty.
Just hope he's quick then we need pace back there.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Any news on him signing, it's gone very quiet
Lucy
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

yes, and they said that it would be a busy week with more signings to follow, seems that other clubs are making a lot of signings.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Maybe clutching at straws, but he has liked comments on his twitter wishing him good luck at Torquay
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

lucy6lucy wrote: 09 Jun 2017, 18:41 Any news on him signing, it's gone very quiet
He's committed to sitting his exams for his psychology degree and once done can concentrate on his football. He's been down, seen it all and (apparently) agreed to sign.