New kit

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dazmangull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

New kit

Post by dazmangull »

Apparently there should be an announcement this week regarding a new kit from a new manufacturer. My son's team was invited to play in a mini tournament held by Torquay United yesterday and I overheard some of the coaches discussing this. The new youth set teams will be all using the same kit and will be supplied by a very well known local company. The manufacturer is a very well known one, probably the biggest in the world 🤐

Maybe the club is slowly moving in the right direction?
TUST number 074
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

So Nike or Adidas supplied by Pro-Direct then!
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

I'd be happy with that! It's about time we get a decent manufacturer with proper training gear etc let's just hope the new sponsor logo doesn't spoil the kits!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Oh thats just bloody great! After years and years of crap and awful designs we finally get a half decent home kit with the right colours combo and now they are going to change it already. :@

Typical of how it goes at TUFC, although its obviously not the clubs fault if they have to change sponsor or supplier, which sounds like the case.

Just to note, the away kit is awesome, really smart but that does not mean thats what we should be using for a home kit before anyone gets any smart ass ideas. :no:

Hs to be yellow shirt, blue shorts and yellow socks again somehow though, the best combo by far. I would make a concession to white socks if neccassary. "Brazil of the westcountry". :scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

It would be quite fitting if Nike or Adidas did jump on board as our kit manufacturer.

Normally it's a sign that a club is on the rise or at least heading in the right direction when either of these two get involved. Unless it's in the lower league/non league scene. When it is catalogue tat with an iron on badge.

Last season's home kit was the smartest one we've had in years, shame we won't see that again (A 3 year kit deal is a bit pointless, make it 2 or 4 year deals.)
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

It'll still be 'catalogue tat' even if it is Nike or Adidas, aside from the major clubs those two rarely produce custom kits and just give all their teams slightly modified templates for their colours each year.

This being said, I'll eat my hat if it is Adidas or Nike, given the club we are this 'probably the biggest in the world' will be Canterbury or some jazz. Still better than Vandanel etc mind...

I'll be interested to see whether it results in a little bump in kit sales, I've always been somewhat interested in whether paying a little more for a big company to supply the kit could see any extra profit being made due to more people wanting to wear the kit or whether it'd cause a loss.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Parkys People wrote: 05 Jun 2017, 16:13 It would be quite fitting if Nike or Adidas did jump on board as our kit manufacturer.

Normally it's a sign that a club is on the rise or at least heading in the right direction when either of these two get involved. Unless it's in the lower league/non league scene. When it is catalogue tat with an iron on badge.

Last season's home kit was the smartest one we've had in years, shame we won't see that again (A 3 year kit deal is a bit pointless, make it 2 or 4 year deals.)
Macclesfield were supplied by Adidas a few years ago I recall and a handful of other non league clubs too. York are supplied by Nike in the National League North. You can't read anything into it whatsoever IMO.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

SenorDingDong wrote: 05 Jun 2017, 20:55
I'll be interested to see whether it results in a little bump in kit sales, I've always been somewhat interested in whether paying a little more for a big company to supply the kit could see any extra profit being made due to more people wanting to wear the kit or whether it'd cause a loss.
A renown brand name will improve image but not necessarily sales. Sales will increase if we get an away tie in the 3rd round of the FA Cup against Arsenal or the likes of.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Will be just generic kit if Adidas or nike are involved ...i had a Adidas kit playing 7 a side at Clennon
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 05 Jun 2017, 22:26 Will be just generic kit if Adidas or nike are involved ...i had a Adidas kit playing 7 a side at Clennon
Pah, clearly you were not on the level of Percey Mackrill FC. We had a white kit with a sponsor! (it was a local taxi company).

The main downside was that the material was kind of on the..heavy side, and it had long sleeves, so in the summer, that was fun.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

This club dont half test your patience. :|
still-waiting-atic-mthruf-com-via-9gag-com-14684311.png
51e585f262d4ab9c33417ee74143a8209bea20ed324ccbbc84e7b4f265604851.jpg
jhbvcvbnm.jpeg
jhbvcvbnm.jpeg (7.3 KiB) Viewed 2447 times
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Barrow AFC have today launched three new bespoke kits from manufacturers Player Layer. Pictures are available on the page, but I do not know how to cut and paste to this page.

Ray
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 30 Jun 2017, 06:08 Barrow AFC have today launched three new bespoke kits from manufacturers Player Layer. Pictures are available on the page, but I do not know how to cut and paste to this page.

Ray
Barrow Kit Launch 2017/18
Barrow Kit Launch 2017/18
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Brilliant :rofl:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Actually the away kit in the photo is in reality the keepers shirt. A high vis, high spec garment complete with Petr Cech style protective hat. :}