More of Moore

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

More of Moore

Post by Richinns »

Needs some form of competition but he holds his own at this level. Always worries me on crosses but a very decent shot stopper.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

A show pony in the mould of Martin Rice; a much more commanding figure needed behind the team to instil confidence, shape and relaxation to play the ball out with the priority on maintaining possession
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Juggles a bit but I actually think he will at some stage go higher and get a League club. . Useful keeper.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

[quote="merse btpir" post_id=206444 time=1496511591 user_id=23969]
A show pony in the mould of Martin Rice; a much more commanding figure needed behind the team to instil confidence, shape and relaxation to play the ball out with the priority on maintaining possession

Don't insult him he is much better than Rice but yes he needs to improve but his distribution would improve with better fullbacks and he needs to be told to hit an area with his kicking rather than try and be better than he is. The strikers would then know where the ball is going.

Crosses he needs to use his feet and look at the persons body who's crossing the ball this can tell you how to shape up for the cross.
[ :keepie: /quote]
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Well for a keeper of his age he lacks a lot of basic components in his game and (in my opinion~) has gone backwards in his game since arriving.

No surprise there; no competition for his place and no goalkeeping coach at the club in a serious manner.
I agree the fullback play has been poor with them never consistently stopping crosses as they should be but then Nicholson was like that when he played; all he ever had to his game was an accurate left foot with which he delivered the ball ~ defensively he was a liability; athletically challenged and lacking in pace.

We have to aim to be better than this and there are much better keepers out there at levels below National League!
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

I would be astonished if there weren't. Doesn't mean they are prepared to come down here though. That having been said my guess is that based on independent assessment of keepers across the National League he would be in the top six?

I entirely take your point about a goalkeeping coach though.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

he will do for me, far better than ricey,
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

ive seen far worse keepers in the league, and I think he will actually go on to play at a higher level, if they cant afford a goalkeeping coach why not bring in someone like john turner on a part time basis.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

do we even have a GK coach?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Well yes. Last season it was Kenny Griffiths.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Zippy wrote: 03 Jun 2017, 21:12 ..... if they cant afford a goalkeeping coach why not bring in someone like john turner on a part time basis.
What a stupid comment to make.........

As much as I know and like John; he is not a goalkeeping coach and his restricted mobility these days at the age of 62 would prevent him from being so.

Another one out of the 'he played for the club, he'll do' mentality that lumbered us with Hargreaves and Nicholson.
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 03 Jun 2017, 18:08 Sounds like Moore will be accepting a new deal.
Where did you hear this?
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

We shouldn't forget that last season was Brendan's first full season playing competitive footy in the UK. Yes, he has some rough edges particularly with crosses and with positioning. And I guess his frequent kicking into touch needs to stop. He deserves some quality coaching.

But he made some really great saves last season and must have been worth a few points.

On balance, I think he's a keeper - ie I hope he signs!
TUST member 200 ;-)
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

But just as the last thing the club needed was an L plate manager neither can it accommodate an L plate goalkeeper!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

merse btpir wrote: 03 Jun 2017, 21:48 What a stupid comment to make.........
As much as I know and like John; he is not a goalkeeping coach and his restricted mobility these days at the age of 62 would prevent him from being so.
Another one out of the 'he played for the club, he'll do' mentality that lumbered us with Hargreaves and Nicholson.
Zippy did not advocate bringing in John Turner himself, nor anyone of his age, but 'someone like' him, even on a part-time basis, as being better than nothing.

I have often felt like responding to posts in the past with remarks such as 'What a stupid comment to make', possibly I have once or twice, but such responses are really not helpful.

I'm sure we can all handle such negative and unconstructive criticism. But we should also try to show a little more respect for fellow posters in a forum (a) by reading their posts carefully so that we do not misunderstand them, and (b) recognising that they are simply trying to express an honest opinion, worthy of a better response than 'What a stupid comment to make'.