More of Moore

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

well there you go, just shows that good coaches don't need to be young same as managers I suppose.
philgull1
Trialist
Trialist

Post by philgull1 »

any news on brendan moore signing again. I have been looking at both the herald express website and torquay official website but nothing
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

and according to Nicho ,he was quoted in the indy as saying he was hoping to make two signings at the beginning of this week.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Either we are not being informed by the club as to Moore signing or he is now stalling his offer to the extent he is taking the piss. Personally now, I would get rid of him and Richards. They've had plenty of time to sign new contract. We have to move on, forget sentiment
Lucy
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 05 Jun 2017, 00:13 Unpublished but I'm fairly certain
A long way past the deadline now so surely he won't be signing.
Was this little piggy telling porkies again?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

lucy6lucy wrote: 14 Jun 2017, 01:57 Either we are not being informed by the club as to Moore signing or he is now stalling his offer to the extent he is taking the piss. Personally now, I would get rid of him and Richards. They've had plenty of time to sign new contract. We have to move on, forget sentiment
You're being a tad harsh, Lucy6. We don't know what negotiations are going on behind the scenes and it is right that we are not being informed. A career in football doesn't last long and players quite understandably try to squeeze out the most favourable contracts they can. I hopre he eventually signs ...... with Michael Poke as no.2 !! As Jeff mentoned on another thread, Pokey seemed to pick up a few injuries during a season, although to be fair to him, I see that he played 35 games for Woking last season.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

tomogull wrote: 14 Jun 2017, 15:22 players quite understandably try to squeeze out the most favourable contracts they can.
Not sure the point is valid. No player is bigger than a club and they (like all of us) have to make a decision. Name me a job offer you have had that was keep open on the premise that you would take it (at some stage in the next couple of months) if you could find nothing better. Please no replies on their footballers so its different. All jobs are different from the Pope to the cattle rancher! The deadline for Brenda and Courtney is well past its sell by date. To end this end, I agree with Lucy 'we have to move on, forget sentiment'. and lets stop the dilly dallying and get rid - if not already gone.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

MellowYellow wrote: 14 Jun 2017, 16:42 Not sure the point is valid. No player is bigger than a club and they (like all of us) have to make a decision. Name me a job offer you have had that was keep open on the premise that you would take it (at some stage in the next couple of months) if you could find nothing better. Please no replies on their footballers so its different. All jobs are different from the Pope to the cattle rancher! The deadline for Brenda and Courtney is well past its sell by date. To end this end, I agree with Lucy 'we have to move on, forget sentiment'. and lets stop the dilly dallying and get rid - if not already gone.
I would say that the deadline as such was just saying we wouldn't look to replace them before that date. Now that the deadline has passed we are actively looking for replacements. If and when those replacements are found then the offers will be withdrawn but until we have found alternatives we would be foolish to close the door on either of them returning.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

MellowYellow wrote: 14 Jun 2017, 16:42 Not sure the point is valid. No player is bigger than a club and they (like all of us) have to make a decision. Name me a job offer you have had that was keep open on the premise that you would take it (at some stage in the next couple of months) if you could find nothing better. Please no replies on their footballers so its different. All jobs are different from the Pope to the cattle rancher! The deadline for Brenda and Courtney is well past its sell by date. To end this end, I agree with Lucy 'we have to move on, forget sentiment'. and lets stop the dilly dallying and get rid - if not already gone.
Very true that no player is bigger than a club and yes, we have to forget sentiment. But we don't know what negotiations (if any) are continuing between club and player. There are hundreds of players still out there whose agents are trying to get the best contracts for their clients and if Nicho says "Sorry Brendan - you're too late, sod off" he still then has to find two competent 'keepers at this level and I doubt that there are that many around. I think Jerry hits the nail on the head. Until Nicho can say "Sorry Brendan - you're too late, we've just signed Joe Hart (unfortunately, Martin Rice has already signed for Tiverton)", the door has to remain open.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Annoying it may be both to Manager and fans but it's easy to call time on players on a fans forum. If Nicholson were to do that and signs a new keeper on spec who proves exactly why he's been released are we all going to say you were right to do that Nicho?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

tomogull wrote: 14 Jun 2017, 21:24 Until Nicho can say "Sorry Brendan - you're too late, we've just signed Joe Hart
What is amiss here? A Yank decides to try his luck and chase a career as a goalie in the Mecca of football -England. Signs as third backup goalie for Fleetwood but getting no match time -gets a lucky break to play for Torquay on loan - puts in a few good performance so another lucky break for the Yank, we sign him up the following season. Are we now to count our blessing that he may still be negotiating a better deal as we cannot afford Joe Hart! Fair do's the Yank did put in few good shifts for a conference side battling relegation, but surly not to the level that now only England's No 1 goalkeeper could oust him from the side. If he's gone to a football league side good luck to him, but if he's still haggling terms passed the 11th hour tell him to sling his hook. There is contrary to popular belief quite a few decent goalkeepers out there, many with more experience than 46 conference league matches the Yank has to his name - Poke being one.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Signed for Rochdale, apparently - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40292995

Getting a gig at a League 1 side is...surprising, perhaps, but good for him.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

happytorq wrote: 15 Jun 2017, 15:23 Signed for Rochdale, apparently - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40292995

Getting a gig at a League 1 side is...surprising, perhaps, but good for him.
A big risk IF he is not first choice. Hope it works out for him.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

that's a really good move for him, good luck to him.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Think Brendan would have been better off playing another full season for us rather than warming Rochdales
bench. Still, I am sure he will get better coaching there
Looks like Pokey it is then, lets hope he has improved on crosses