Brucie V Dave - This time its personal!! ;)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Brucie V Dave - This time its personal!! ;)

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Don't start many threads at all ...but having wanting and indeed watching the playoff game on tv , I say best of luck to Exeter.

I know big rivals but for me best of luck and i hope they do Devon proud.
My dad been a tufc fan since first going in 1955 is going to match as my brother lives near by and I'm going aswell
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Yes I've seem that result too. noticed that they won 6-5 on aggregate as did Blackpool who turned over Luton with a 6-5 aggregate. will be an interesting final. for fans that came long and helped us when we were (still are) in trouble i can only say well done and hope you win for Devons pride. Us Devon fans must stick together.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I hope they lose the play off final. Bloody typical that they get a ninety sixth minute winner. Tisdale was a complete horses anus with his antics on the touchline.

What a total cock - in his after match interview he actually said that it didn't matter that Carlisle had equalised because Exeter would have won for certain in extra time (and he actually repeated that two or three times).

At least Curle acted with a bit of class in his interview unlike that bald headed prick - God I hope Blackpool stuff them in the final cause I can't wait to see his reaction.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

The fact we have a thread on Exeter winning brings shrivels to my bones
Lucy
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Fair enough ...after and still during our own issues I now have a different feeling...still see them as the shitty little cousin but I've no issue them doing well and I've just read a book on the dehli Lama and he speaks about wishing the best for your enermies to harbour your own negative feelings.

Let's look forward to our next football league fixture with them it's a place i would like to be at.
Devon and Exeter
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by Devon and Exeter »

I feel Exeter thoroughly deserved the win over the 2 legs.Exeter playing proper football,Carlisle being a typical long ball,strong arm tactics team.I wish you well in the future,and hope you manage to overcome Gi and get back to being a league club again.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Devon and Exeter wrote: 18 May 2017, 22:43 I feel Exeter thoroughly deserved the win over the 2 legs.Exeter playing proper football,Carlisle being a typical long ball,strong arm tactics team.I wish you well in the future,and hope you manage to overcome Gi and get back to being a league club again.
Of course, nobody could accuse you of possibly being ever so slightly biased, could they Devon & Exeter? :whistle: But I'm with Westyorkshiregull. Well done the Grecians and well done to Paul Tisdale who was under a bit of pressure in the early weeks of the season. Exeter could well have been 4 - 1 up at Carlisle if it wasn't for a dubious offside decision. I didn't watch tonight's match, nor have I heard Tisdale's after match comments. But he has stayed at City when he has had chances to move on to higher clubs, so good luck to him. You're being grouchy and mean-minded, Brucie !!

We have set a tradition of Devon clubs beating Blackpool in a Play Off final so I hope that our Devon neighbours can keep that tradition going. By the way, who is Jack Stacey ?? I recognise the names of some of the City players, but I don't remember Jack Stacey's name cropping up. Actually, now just seen the goals on ITV late news - cracking winner.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I wonder how the petition calling for Tisdale to be sacked is getting on?
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Ollie Watkins stock will have risen still further-already rumoured to be going for big money to a championship club.
A few more millions in the coffers for the Greeks which will strengthen their arm if they are promoted.
Torquay born lad too!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

First time I've seen Watkins - he's big and strong. Scored with a fluke with his first touch as it took a wicked deflection but a good finish for his second goal. Other than that I didn't think he did an awful lot in the game.

Stacey apparently has never scored a goal and was drafted into the team late on - typical of their luck really. Personally I still hope Blackpool win the final purely to show up Tisdale on tv. If they win he will be more arrogant than he was last night.

There wasn't anything between the teams at all last night. Exeter had it in the bag but nigh on blew it and for Tisdale to suggest that they would have won the game in extra time for certain is just plainly ridiculous. In fact it could just as easily have gone the other way - particularly as this was the first time they have beaten Carlisle in five attempts this season.

Exeter look good going forward but their defence looks all over the shop. If Blackpool have any decent forwards they might be in trouble.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Well done City and good luck in the final. Of course we were there first and I have happy memories of our own play off final victory over Blackpool at the old Wembley stadium.

It's just a shame that the Exeter mascot is now some guy in a great big pantomime costume rather than Athena who I remember wobbling across the pitch in high heels at one of our long lost local derbies.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

gateman49 wrote: 19 May 2017, 13:34 Well done City and good luck in the final. Of course we were there first and I have happy memories of our own play off final victory over Blackpool at the old Wembley stadium.
The anniversary of which was acknowledged at Wembley itself last night
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

You took that photo on 1st April didn't you.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »