Keeping Our Eye on the Ball

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

The Main Man cancelled the meeting - par for course. Warming to Kevin Foster - like most of us , not against the merit of a new facility but very sceptical. As this is our MP's viewpoint I wonder if the Herald Express will follow up on it or just hide behind the editors code of practice yet again!
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

MellowYellow wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 11:36 The Main Man cancelled the meeting - par for course. Warming to Kevin Foster - like most of us , not against the merit of a new facility but very sceptical. As this is our MP's viewpoint I wonder if the Herald Express will follow up on it or just hide behind the editors code of practice yet again!
I think Merse hit the nail on the head with this post earlier in the week:
"The Herald Express' primary function within the business plan of it's ownership is to create advertising revenue and to this end real news reporting does not exist; merely a procession of 'advertiser friendly' stuff devoid of any resemblance of enquiry or desire to report the actualite of the situation.

With the involvement of the Torbay Development Agency in the 'off the record' talks with Clarke Osborne this means a doubling of resolve not to rock the boat or spill any beans.........'official media' has had it's day. Social media is the current vogue because WE are the only people with a vested interest to care enough what is actually going on!"

The days when you could rely on the Herald for any real news have long gone. Today there is very little in the print version that hasn't first been seen on the web site where stories are often accompanied by generic images of police vehicles and images captured from Google street view.