Keeping Our Eye on the Ball

Discuss all the latest news at Plainmoor with fellow fans.

desperado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Posts: 88
Joined: 21 Jan 2017, 19:03
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Keeping Our Eye on the Ball

Post by desperado » 17 May 2017, 13:23

Live from The Nags Head no less, you must be there Merse !


merse btpir
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 509
Joined: 02 Jan 2017, 10:58
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir » 17 May 2017, 14:01

desperado wrote:
17 May 2017, 13:23
Live from The Nags Head no less, you must be there Merse !
Not right now; but I was earlier and will be later.......

I patronise a great little Columbian café in there constructed out of a wooden chalet under the market roof and Bring Back The Love, a fantastic Caribbean kitchen.

It's the real Islington and the perfect example of what Jeremy represents...........and yes; he shops there; someone was punting the Urban myth that he buys his underpants in the market! Dunno about that ~ I use Sports Direct myself ~ but there are two Islingtons; poles apart and at either end of the social spectrum. I know which one I prefer, just imagine living cheek by jowl with Boris Johnson 'dahn the uvver end'.

More than a third of the kids in Islington North are classed as living under the poverty line; as far apart as the Nags Head and Richmond Crescent in Barnsbury where Tony BLiar lived are; I'm proud that 'my manor' is the second one and not the first...as I said yesterday; there are TWO types of Labour Party around there ~ it's the old North-South divide!

For the record I live in the constituency of Hornsey & Wood Green now ~ next door and represented by Labour's Catherine West backed by the largest percentage of party members per head of population in the country. My kids still live down there though and I'm in and around there very day......I'm very proud of it!


Plainmoor78
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 366
Joined: 25 Apr 2016, 11:54
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 » 17 May 2017, 18:53

merse btpir wrote:
16 May 2017, 17:42


Islington 'snobbery' row over plan to cut football pitch for picnics


Opposition from a “small group” of people persuaded the council to submit plans to redevelop the park with a much smaller pitch, well away from the gardens of residents including Labour’s Emily Thornberry, who is seeking to retain her Islington North and Finsbury seat in next month’s general election. 

Being a Labour council with a massive majority means nothing for the poor when people like Margaret Hodge and Thornberry have influence over them.
That would be the same Emily Thornberry who disparagingly tweeted the photo of the white van and England flags during the Rochester by-election.
The same Emily Thornberry who corbyn promoted to shadow foreign secretary.
The same Emily Thornberry who acts as labour's spokesperson on the TV news.

That is one the reasons why I don't vote labour anymore. Thornberry should have been thrown out of the party over the Twitter gaff because she is symptomatic of the liberal chattering classes who hijacked the party and turned it into the unelectable play thing of middle class intellectuals.

And before you say anything, no I don't believe in Theresa May's new found enthusiasm for workers rights either.


merse btpir
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 509
Joined: 02 Jan 2017, 10:58
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir » 17 May 2017, 19:21

Plainmoor78 wrote:
17 May 2017, 18:53
Thornberry should have been thrown out of the party over the Twitter gaff because she is symptomatic of the liberal chattering classes who hijacked the party and turned it into the unelectable play thing of middle class intellectuals.
Seeing as this thread was dedicated to keeping our eye on the ball of GI getting the Plainmoor freehold ~ I take responsibility for it's diversion because of my usage of another council being untrustworthy over a sports facility ~ perhaps these subjects should be on another thread ~ however; I have listened to the Jeremy Vine Show for the first time in my life because of this and found it very enjoyable and would think it would be really enlightening to anyone else who cares to listen who would be educated as regards Islington North if they weren't already familiar with it.

But as I say..........keep the eye on GI and their bid for the freehold!


Topic author
gullpower
First Team
First Team
Posts: 246
Joined: 06 Oct 2015, 13:52
Favourite player: Luke Young
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land

Post by gullpower » 17 May 2017, 20:58

merse btpir wrote:
17 May 2017, 19:21
Plainmoor78 wrote:
17 May 2017, 18:53
Thornberry should have been thrown out of the party over the Twitter gaff because she is symptomatic of the liberal chattering classes who hijacked the party and turned it into the unelectable play thing of middle class intellectuals.
Seeing as this thread was dedicated to keeping our eye on the ball of GI getting the Plainmoor freehold ~ I take responsibility for it's diversion because of my usage of another council being untrustworthy over a sports facility ~ perhaps these subjects should be on another thread ~ however; I have listened to the Jeremy Vine Show for the first time in my life because of this and found it very enjoyable and would think it would be really enlightening to anyone else who cares to listen who would be educated as regards Islington North if they weren't already familiar with it.

But as I say..........keep the eye on GI and their bid for the freehold!
The thread does seem to have gone off at a bit of a tangent. I was hoping that a few others would write letters and more recently, that other candidates would join Kevin Foster in posting on the thread.


stratfordgull
First Team
First Team
Posts: 131
Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:46
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no
Location: Somewhere near Stratford on Avon

Post by stratfordgull » 17 May 2017, 22:43

As a former Coventry lad I would say that as supporters we should welcome the interest shown by Kevin Foster. A thoroughly genuine and decent MP who always followed up on matters raised in his ward back there.
I think having the 'wherewithall' to register on here and potentially open himself to abuse from the likes of us speaks volumes. Far more transparent than certain other pork based correspondents.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], dougie, Google Adsense [Bot], merse btpir, Plainmoor78, stephen breed, torq2u and 65 guests