2008/09 Season!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Sneapy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

2008/09 Season!

Post by Sneapy »

Was just browsing through youtube videos, and came across this a video of how well we were doing in that season!
Its the form that we were in, we were doing so well.

drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Great video, great memories.

SILLS!
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Brilliant memories, still get a shiver everytime I see it!
NA Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by NA Gull »

So many thoughts and refelctions about watching that video.

1. How amazingly lucky we are to be playing back in the football league. Look at Cambridge United now and you will see that that game was the most important game in our history. If we had not won that we would have been a long-term conference team, or worse.
2. What a good job Buckle has done. He does get things wrong, but each year we have progressed and made improvements. Valuable asset to the club,
3. Players come and go. I remember the furore on these boards about Buckle releasing Sills, Todd and Hargreaves mid-season. In hindsight they were not good enough for this level and if we wanted to progress we needed better players. It turned out for the best and we are a stronger outfit now than then.
4. The backing of the board has been vital for the success. They backed Buckle when they needed to and continue to do so. Would we want more financial backing from them? yes, of course we would, but at the expense of our club? No.

Fantastic day, fantastic win and with the benefit of nearly two years going by it was THE most important win in our history.

I love TUFC! <3
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Hmmm, I'm going to (sort of) play Devil's advocate and suggest that Sillsy is perfectly good enough for this level. We are currently crying out for a targetman and I'm not certain that Tim is entirely the wrong man for the job. We won't get him, of course, Aldershot are his first and only love (aside from the fit missus, obviously), which, to my mind, is a shame. Hitler was wrong about most things, but his attitudes towards Tim are spot on.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Yeah, two great links, thank you posters.

The Hitler one I never saw first time around as didn't have the means. It was on the old site before the crash ?

Watched Downfall when it was first released, won't be able to watch it again without thinking of Aldolf ranting on about our Tim. :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"