Torquay 2nd XI v Swindon

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Torquay 2nd XI v Swindon

Post by westbaygull »

Tomorrow at 2pm. Will leave work at 12, pop down for this game, nip back and listen to Bees v Everton on poot.

So tough juggling a career/family/outside interests, but I think I have the balance about right...
JoeBarlow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by JoeBarlow »

I`ll be there tomorrow as well, so see you there Jane.

I went last week and it was a good game and hopefully it`ll be the same tomorrow. Paul Buckle said that it would be about another 3 reserve team games before Danny Senda is fully fit and last week when I say him he plaed well and seemed to be a leader type of player and tough as well.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Won 2-0, Benyon and Yeoman.

Another good win, look forward to some match reports.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Richinns wrote:Won 2-0, Benyon and Yeoman.

Another good win, look forward to some match reports.

Get in, another win, still top of the league for the reserves?

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Reser ... 87,00.html

Good to see benners had a game and a goal!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Good to see Benners get a competitive game - no doubt that'll help his fitness return to its peak. I'd expect him to start on Saturday, if he got through today unscathed.

:)
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I would give Kee a start for Saturday. Put Benners on the bench and put him on 15-20mins to go for Kee. Hopefully Kee will have a good game, and gets a goal he needs!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

Danny_tufc wrote:I would give Kee a start for Saturday. Put Benners on the bench and put him on 15-20mins to go for Kee. Hopefully Kee will have a good game, and gets a goal he needs!
I would only ever start Kee with Benyon. Kee and Gritton is way to slow, and Kee and Zebroski may work, but im not sure. I think Zebroski is a much better player on the wing.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

This is why the reserve team and fixture list is so vital - Benyon will be back to full sharpness for Saturday. Just wish Billy Kee could be relied on to step up when required too.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Was going to do a quick match report but two things - one is that there is one on the OS now and two is that Bees have just equalised...yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss!!! So can't concentrate too much at the mo...

Positives - Macklin did really well, only slight criticism is that sometimes he just needs to play a straightforward ball instead of trying to back heel/flick - other than that, I would be completely happy to see him start.
Senda - class. Knows what he's doing, think there's going to be some hard decisions for Bucks re RB position very soon. He did take a nasty knock early on, but was strapped up and seemed ok.
Potter - fab back up keeper to have. Very vocal, organises defence (and rest of team) constantly. Made a cracking fingertip save.
Kee - showed some good intelligent football. Can't wait for him to get going as once he scores one, they will flood in...see below

Negatives - Kee. Even at a reserve game, there were some loud criticisms from some in the crowd. He was trying so hard, perhaps too hard, and was clearly frustrated a couple of times when the ball didn't quite run right for him. Why on earth do some supporters have to vent their frustration like this?
LRT - I really don't see much here. I know he has had some good moments, but to be honest, he's not first team material on today's showing. In my opinion. But I didn't shout at him that he's rubbish :evil:

Great afternoon's football, Swindon had a couple of dirty **ds, Billy got booked for teaching their no.2 not to show his studs (I know it's wrong to approve...) Oh, and lathrope should be in my positives bit - he goes flying in when necessary.

Right, back to Griffin Park for 2nd half. btw, Hayes are beating Newport, Toddy starting for Newport but just this once, hope he has a poor game... ;-) Must feed my kids sometime too....
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

westbaygull wrote:Was going to do a quick match report but two things - one is that there is one on the OS now and two is that Bees have just equalised...yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss!!! So can't concentrate too much at the mo...

Positives - Macklin did really well, only slight criticism is that sometimes he just needs to play a straightforward ball instead of trying to back heel/flick - other than that, I would be completely happy to see him start.
Senda - class. Knows what he's doing, think there's going to be some hard decisions for Bucks re RB position very soon. He did take a nasty knock early on, but was strapped up and seemed ok.
Potter - fab back up keeper to have. Very vocal, organises defence (and rest of team) constantly. Made a cracking fingertip save.
Kee - showed some good intelligent football. Can't wait for him to get going as once he scores one, they will flood in...see below

Negatives - Kee. Even at a reserve game, there were some loud criticisms from some in the crowd. He was trying so hard, perhaps too hard, and was clearly frustrated a couple of times when the ball didn't quite run right for him. Why on earth do some supporters have to vent their frustration like this?
LRT - I really don't see much here. I know he has had some good moments, but to be honest, he's not first team material on today's showing. In my opinion. But I didn't shout at him that he's rubbish :evil:

Great afternoon's football, Swindon had a couple of dirty **ds, Billy got booked for teaching their no.2 not to show his studs (I know it's wrong to approve...) Oh, and lathrope should be in my positives bit - he goes flying in when necessary.

Right, back to Griffin Park for 2nd half. btw, Hayes are beating Newport, Toddy starting for Newport but just this once, hope he has a poor game... ;-) Must feed my kids sometime too....
In fairness to him Jane, i'm absolutely convinced he's a centre-back, being asked to play left-back. He looks like a fish out of water positionally, and doesn't want to even attempt to get forward. When he was in the team previously, he was defensively pretty solid.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Agree about Senda entirely. His vast experience shows, despite having been at the club for a V. short time, he wasn't shy in marshaling his defensive teammates. He looked comfortable on te ball and not once did he boot the ball out or a throw , preferring instead to either control the ball and turn his man or, at very least, hook the ball along the line.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Would people seriously start Puffing Billy ahead of Benyon. Unbelievable.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Would people seriously have a contrary opinion to Brucie?
Unbelievable.

Apologies for the appalling word order in the first sentence of my last post.

In point of fact, I wouldn't start Big Bill in preference to Benners. However, I would start him in preference to Gritts.
Billy needs a fairly specific service, he needs it to his feet and with his back to goal bit with the space behind him to turn. Despite his size, he keeps the ball SO well. He skips past people time and again until the shot is on. If he plays with Benners, it needs to be 4-4-1-1, with Billy behind Benners.
This, with Eunan in place of useless Nicky Wroe; Carlisle and Zedders wide and Lamby partnering EoK, we have options (quite literally) left, right and centre.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"