Nathan Smith

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I think that Nathan was lucky he played with such a strong character as Angus as he does not have the stength yet but Angus did. I stated at the time I felt Angus was player of the season last year. Nathan is a good player though and best of luck to him.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

'Bog standard League 2' is a fairly generous assessment coming from Brucie. And several levels above where he rated Angus's future to be.
Overall, I think Brucie generally provides a reasonable assessment of most players, and it could just be that analysing central defenders is his weak spot ? :)

desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Says Brucie who saw McGinty play once this season, and Smith a few times last season ?
He has been watched by several Championship clubs this season, we will see if he moves up the leagues
Bog standard league two? Laughable !
What makes me laugh is posters who come out with all these expert comments, who see about half a dozen
games a season !
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

So how many times have you seen Smith play for Port Vale then this season?

Plain fact is that Smith played in a team that conceded 76 goals last year. This season he has played in a team that conceded 70. Despite playing in a worse team than the one we had last year McGinty was part of a team that conceded 61 goals this year.

As Arcadia quite rightly says Smith hasn't got the strength or presence to cope with League 1 forwards. Yes Smith may have been a regular but he was picked every week by Johnny Foreigner who subsequently got the sack - that might indicate the managers judgement wasn't up to much.

Don't know how good Smith may have been this year really but he seems to play in teams that concede a hell of a lot of goals.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Can I remind you Nathan swept the board winning 5 awards at Port Vale as mentioned by the originator of this thread.

That takes some doing and Brucie I think you are being very unfair in your assessment. I can just imagine how you would feel if your son won 5 awards and was then rubbished by someone who had not seen him play!

Fair comment?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Winning awards at a relegated team doesn't mean an awful lot though does it. Could it be that he was the best of a bad bunch.

I havn't "rubbished" him at all. I am just countering the view that "he is far too good for League 2" (probably made by someone who hasn't seen him play this season either.

For the past two seasons he has been part of a defence that conceded shed loads of goals. That's probably the only common denominator. If hes that good then no doubt other teams will be queuing up to buy him. If not then he will be plying his trade in League 2 next season (assuming of course that their new manager decides to play him every week)
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote: 09 May 2017, 22:36 Winning awards at a relegated team doesn't mean an awful lot though does it. Could it be that he was the best of a bad bunch.

I havn't "rubbished" him at all. I am just countering the view that "he is far too good for League 2" (probably made by someone who hasn't seen him play this season either.

For the past two seasons he has been part of a defence that conceded shed loads of goals. That's probably the only common denominator. If hes that good then no doubt other teams will be queuing up to buy him. If not then he will be plying his trade in League 2 next season (assuming of course that their new manager decides to play him every week)
Well if the new manager, doesn't play him we will have him back. I'm sure he will move elsewhere though.
Lucy