4000 really ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

4000 really ?

Post by Taelee73 »

It's been bugging me most of this evening, as a plastic supporter who was at the game.
And has since enjoyed rewatching the goals and looking at all the photos, I just can't believe that attendance as being correct.
There must of been 150 to 250 empty seats for the NF supporters, I guess somewhere between 500 to 750 more spaces in the Away end. The Pop side looked pretty full, maybe 250 needed, and the Family stand about the same, 250. All together maybe 1,500 short of capacity. That still leaves me with an attendance closer to 5000.
There are far more important things going on, and I'm sure no one cares, but like I say, it's been bugging me.
Oh and yes for Kev still being here next season. With hopefully 7 or 8 of the squad from Saturday.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Fair to say we all enjoyed the match. Would advise that anyone replying to this thread might want to think about what they post before they do, questioning official attendance figures can lead to trouble, pretty sure a football forum was shut down over such a thread a while back, can't remember which one though.

Me and few friends had a little game of guess the attendance Saturday, my guess was around the 3,800 mark, there are 450 away seats for a start, with a listed attendance of 61, I believe the club has a safety certificate for 900 behind the goal in the away section, they had stewarding cover for 500 Saturday, personally do not think there was anywhere near 500 in there, as you would be talking just over half the stand, always hard to guess how many are on the popside.

Have not got a clue how season ticket holders are counted into attendance figures to be honest, all said and done irrelevant, personally don't think that figure was to far out.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Ok, my bad.
Certainly wouldn't want any forums to be shut down.
Just didn't seem the ground was only 60% full,I won't argue with official figures.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think there was room for another 2000 people in the stadium. The away end was almost empty (second half) and so was the away section of the Bench.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
jackgladman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by jackgladman »

Southampton Gull wrote: 01 May 2017, 22:10 I think there was room for another 2000 people in the stadium. The away end was almost empty (second half) and so was the away section of the Bench.
Well the stadium has a capacity of 6,500 which I think is possible if everyone is packed in like sardines. I know from people have told me is that there were a few empty seats including some season ticket holders.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Yes Jack, been on the Pop when you could barely move and still nowhere near capacity so I thought approx 3500-4000. Pleased it was over 4k but didn't think it was more than that.
Dave

Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Don't forget that everyone in the away end had to come through the Pop turnstiles (and were allowed to return to the Pop if they wanted) so would have been included in the Pop numbers for capacity count.

Therefore, if you were trying to guess the attendance the away end numbers would be effectively zero.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Whatever the precise number, with crowds like the one on Saturday, along with a good win, it's possible even Clarke Osborne could fall in love with the club.. :)
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

I was at Bognor Regis yesterday for the Ryman Play-Off Final with Dulwich Hamlet and the advice was "no time to print & sell tickets; gates open 1pm so come early" ~ which we did; and were in our seats by 1.45pm.

The gates were locked at 3.05pm after the kick-off had been put back to 3.15pm to allow the final few in there were room for, and later in the game the safety officer leaned over and said "there's 4,011 in here"...what was the published gate? 3,011. The ground was rammed all except for one corner where it was merely 'busy' and I suspect that having reached their capacity the club didn't want to push their luck or risk any comeback if there was any problem.

Those of you who went to Bognor last season will know that it is an old school but neat little ground with very few seats and only anything that rises above almost flat standing behind the social club goal where the majority of the 1,500 travelling fans gathered for the first half. There was still opportunity for the traditional non-league changing of ends at half-time and watching that was a sight to behold but with good manners and common sense it was achieved and not a single policeman in the ground!

But 3,011? Something's been stached away!

[img src="http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss4/ ... k4uswm.jpg" alt=" "]
Nyewood Lane: there were 1,800 there when the Gulls visited last season
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Although BB was sold out there were quite a few season ticket holders absent as well as most of the NF allowance of 250 (I thnk). The family stand had a few seats empty but the pop stand was only full in the centre sections in the first half and for three quarters of its length in the second when many of those originally in the away stand 'changed ends'.

As someone who has been closely involved in crowd safety in the past I can assure you that the calculations of attendees (crowd figures are for everyone in the ground including staff and officials) will be an accurate assessment. As it was I was pleasantly surprised when it was given as over 4,000.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

No comment
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

gateman49 wrote: 02 May 2017, 09:53No comment
Interesting.
Dave

gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

It was a light hearted throw away Dave!

I've actually commented within the various boards' match threads on how I felt about the crowd on the day. I'm not privy to the total calculations but I can state that my own gate was much, much busier than it has been in the recent past.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

No worries mate, personally I thought the published figure was about right.
Dave

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

gateman49 wrote: 02 May 2017, 16:42 I'm not privy to the total calculations but I can state that my own gate was much, much busier than it has been in the recent past.
To be fair, the queues at my bedroom door for my one man show "3 Minutes of Fury; Half an Hour of Apologies" have been busier than Plainmoor gates have in the recent past.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.