Retain lists released. Anyone worth a look at?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 05 May 2017, 11:43 how do you know this?
Direct from a player's mouth! :clap:
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

Matt Tubbs released

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39819718

presumably fairly local, having been playing at Eastleigh.
Good pedigree. Knocking on a bit now though
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Wubble U wrote: 05 May 2017, 13:53 Matt Tubbs released

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39819718

presumably fairly local, having been playing at Eastleigh.
Good pedigree. Knocking on a bit now though
Fairly local is pushing it a little. The Southampton area is closer to London than it is Torbay.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

Tubbs would still be useful, McLeod is over the hill.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Anybody know roughly when the team is due to start pre season training.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Surprised nobody has mentioned that Argyle have released their retained list. Some fairly interesting names on there - chiefly for me Ryan Brunt, who has had 18months out of the game injured. You can argue both ways, but if he is fit he'd be the kind of player who can score goals at this level. Could be worth a gamble depending on your train of thought.

Also, Stevenage have released Jake Hyde who I believe trialled/trained with us in the past. Not prolific but another player who would be handy enough in the Nat League
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Perhaps more realistically is Louis Rooney from Argyle. Spent the end of the season on loan at Hartlepool - I don't see him getting a FL club again. Youngster so room to work with, whereas Brunt has missed long periods of recent seasons - can we afford another player like that?
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Plymouth Gull wrote: 13 May 2017, 07:58 Perhaps more realistically is Louis Rooney from Argyle. Spent the end of the season on loan at Hartlepool - I don't see him getting a FL club again. Youngster so room to work with, whereas Brunt has missed long periods of recent seasons - can we afford another player like that?
I'd forgotten to mention Rooney, agreed that he also might be worth looking at as although young he seemed to get reasonable game time.

The thing with Brunt for me is, if we really want to compete on a meagre budget there would have to be some risks. Our budget as it is isn't likely to compete with with the top 5, so to make the best of it we'd have to get lucky and/or maybe look at players who can be interpreted as "damaged goods". If Brunt has settled in the area, and is over whatever his problem was then it could be a scenario that nets us a player of better technical ability than we could otherwise expect
Propagull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: kevin Hill

Post by Propagull »

Jack Compton and Ryan Bird both released by Newport - Would be worth a look - From what I hear Compton played for Compos boys against the promotion team?
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Mark Ellis has now returned to carlise after his loan spell ended, anyone know if hes out of contract?

Would be a decent partner for McGinty
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Highly doubt we could afford him. Someone towards the top of the Conference/in L2 will take a punt on him if he becomes available.