Opinion on Myles Anderson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Popside 7 gull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Luke Young

Opinion on Myles Anderson

Post by Popside 7 gull »

I really don't think we should keep Anderson, I know he scored against north Ferriby. But I feel that a majority of the goals I have seen us concede are through his errors. Want to know how others feel about him, anyone think we should keep him?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Popside 7 gull wrote: 30 Apr 2017, 22:59 I really don't think we should keep Anderson, I know he scored against north Ferriby. But I feel that a majority of the goals I have seen us concede are through his errors. Want to know how others feel about him, anyone think we should keep him?
Very unfair to pick on one player like this. He took two or three games to settle in - probably due to lack of game time at Barrow. But I think he has improved the more game time he has had and has formed a reasonably solid partnership with McGinty. So I'd be happy to see him stay.
Chorleygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by Chorleygull »

I was a doubter but he has won me round too
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Disagree with the OP.
for what I have seen of him I think he's been solid.
The stats make interesting reading as one of my fellow posters pointed out - which showed our defence was better then our attack as a unit.
We didn't look solid without him when he'd been sent off.
Hope we keep him.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Great attitude, keep.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The team was better with him in it if you compare with what was there before. GG
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

yes keep him, better than GG
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Look at Nathan Blissett. When he moved to Argyle he lacked the Argyle level of fitness (Gulls trainers please take note). But he has since impressed their supporters and even scored their winning goal on Saturday. Players can improve, and Anderson certainly has since his arrival at Plainmoor. Besides which, he scored a goal too ! So we should definitely keep him.. :)
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

How exactly has he impressed the Argyle supporters when he has hardly played?

He did score the winner on Saturday but did so coming on as a substitute at half time. Last week he didn't even make the bench. How many games has he started for them?

Don't know but I guess you can count them on the finger of one hand. Not sure how you gauge how much he has "improved" since being at Plymouth.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

You don't have to take my word for it. Just take a look at the appropriate threads on the PASOTI forums, and articles in the local newspaper.