Retain List

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

I have a feeling LRT wasn't offered a deal after his tweet:

The more I think about it, the less it makes sense tbh 🤔
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Bleeper wrote: 06 May 2017, 12:52 I have a feeling LRT wasn't offered a deal after his tweet:

No great loss. We could easily pick up another defender of his level or if Hedges is worth his money a promising youngster from the next level down.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

It equates to me to a player who has just been offered terms at a lower sum than in 16/17.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Bleeper wrote: 06 May 2017, 12:52 I have a feeling LRT wasn't offered a deal after his tweet:

Or it could be a follow up to his previous tweet

"This makes no sense... how is the shirt hanging like that, he's only holding it with one hand! He ain't human"

Stop the guessing game. Wait until the retain list is spelt out - then will the time to either applaud or crucify the powers that be.

Remember we have a top half budget - Mr Osbourne's words not mine - so its his reputation on the line. For me it will be a key indicator to the strategic makeup of the 5 year plan - i.e. football or housing development.
ACW2IOW
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by ACW2IOW »

MellowYellow wrote: 06 May 2017, 07:31 Ben Gerring wore the shirt with pride - that's was good enough for me - so I wish him well on his future journey.
Well said!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I suspect, for many, the retained list and next season's playing budget will determine, of course depending on the cost, whether to re-new or not their season ticket.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

In light of previous posts can someone please enlighten me as to what is happening. First SG says our budget is the same as last season plus a bit on top. then a player is reportedly offered a contract with no pay and told to get a job outside the club. Then the budget is supposedly cut.
If players have been told to get a job outside the club. just where are the supposed ambitions of GI. Doesn't sound like a company with the clubs interest at heart. Are they forcing us to go part time by stealth? or is the management trying to get a bigger squad by having a mix of full time and part time. with part time as fringe players? Has the budget been cut or has it been increased if only slightly. i.e. no real rise when cost of living taken into account? Who else has been released and who has been held on to? And just what is the answer to life the Universe and everything
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

The silence is deafening from the Club
No official news about management setup/players in/out or staying/ticket prices etc
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

So much of what GI do doesn't make any sense. If they're not prepared to raise the budget, then why on earth are they spending money on Harrop and Hedges? Surely if they want to spend a little money to use as a smokescreen while they go about getting hold of the freehold, spending that money directly on the playing squad is the easiest and most effective way to create that smokescreen and get the fans onside for long enough for their nefarious needs.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Come on, get real. Things are starting to happen.

You should have been at the club today. Nico held a match for trialists - LOADS of em.

Useful lad I spotted - scored a cracker. Name of Bedeau.

A teacher from the Academy looked handy. A guy called Branston looked a mean machine. And where was Kuffour last season when we needed him?
:lol:
TUST member 200 ;-)
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

its all rumours and hearsay, I thought SG said that it was slightly up from last season, I say we wait to see what the retained list is and who we sign before we start getting our wigs in a twist.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

change title to RETAINED LIST please
still keeping the faith
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

So far on this retained list we know that Lathrope, Chaney and Nicholson form the basis of next season's squad with maybe Young. Yippee! Things can only get better - yes?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

So that'll be a no then?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I liked the look of Bedeau too. Mind you, he insisted that he be called Anthony, not Tony.