Retain List

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Did he remove his tweet?
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Found it, now to look up all the other players.
jackgladman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by jackgladman »

If you can't find Ben Gerring's tweet: https://x.com/BenGerring/status/860486425233510401
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 05 May 2017, 13:09 Yet you all seemed onside with the board who delivered the budget last season??? At the end of the day we did NOT have the smallest budget in the league and teams with smaller budgets performed better than we did.

I know you will go on about our poor locations and inability to attract players but it is what it is... its as if you are expecting someone to buy TUFC and invest millions... oh like Thea did... and lose it all... mmmmm
Oh and you can pull out a quote from me that was praising the budget last season can you? What you choose to fathom from my posts is your opinion, doesn't mean anything in reality to anyone except you, does it?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Any news on who else might have been culled?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Jeff wrote: 05 May 2017, 21:04 Any news on who else might have been culled?
Would be nice for OS to communicate the news. But I guess we will get a questionnaire for who we want to keep and be released.
Lucy
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

lucy6lucy wrote: 05 May 2017, 21:49 Would be nice for OS to communicate the news.
Certainly is - but I can confirm that the playing budget has been CUT for next season .. and that is from the mouths of three players who saw KN yesterday to discuss their futures with TU :B
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Ben Gerring wore the shirt with pride - that's was good enough for me - so I wish him well on his future journey.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

"Sorry lads, just not enough room in my budget for you to be part of my plans" doesn't equate to a budget cut.

As much as I'd like to rant at GI and Harrop and Osborne in particular my information is that it has recently just been added to after being set at the SAME as last season. Players being cut aren't always the most reliable of sources ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Osborne told us that the, now previous budget, was a "top half" of the league budget, so why change it would be his thinking.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Should have added - it's how it's used is what matters.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 06 May 2017, 07:38 "Sorry lads, just not enough room in my budget for you to be part of my plans" doesn't equate to a budget cut.

As much as I'd like to rant at GI and Harrop and Osborne in particular my information is that it has recently just been added to after being set at the SAME as last season. Players being cut aren't always the most reliable of sources ;-)
Just spoken to one of them ... and basically what he was told by KN is that "We can offer you playing terms next season but cannot actually pay you due to the reduced budget for next season, so you will have to find another job to subsidise yourself!"

He hasn't actually been 'cu't - just relieved of his pay-packet!
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

And how does this tie in with the "want to be top half possibly looking at playoffs" comment. You can't improve by not investing.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

GI must ensure that we get relegated next year to fit in with their plans hence a laughable playing budget.
We will be lucky to end up with a squad of Under 21's.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Sorry but am I missing something here? There are many members of the squad (not all but more than three tired old gull!) who (over the season as a whole) underperformed last year so any manager would therefore offer them reduced terms as a result (if they felt they were still worth having around). Nicho is trying to make the most of ANY budget supplied and to try to use reduced contract offers as proof it has been cut is simply ignorance.

From what I know SG is telling you how it is and I would agree with that.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/