Retain List

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Sods law , it would have to be Hartlepool who drop into the National League,nice little trip on a wet and cold Tuesday night,
. so much easier to pop up to Newport.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

I agree with the most part of that but the decision to guarantee a contract to Richards over Williams or even GG is beyond me... Nicho even says if Brett stays we have guaranteed goals, well bloody sign him up then!!
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

very strange decisions, how can he not sign Williams, crazy! as for Richards ,he is not good enough. very disappointed.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I don't understand the difference between the offered and the let's talk maybe list. I presume if you are the first list you have not been offered a pay reduction. If you are on list 2 you may get a contract with a pay reduction but if we find anyone who we fancy in your position the best you can hope for is part time?
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

RIchards works 100 %'of the time..Williams works when he feels like it. ( I presume he is one of the higher earners currently and the offer for 17-18- should he ask- is a bit lower than that ).
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Zippy »

looks like we will be in for another season of struggles, this doesn't tick the boxes, it wont help season ticket sales unless we make some really good signings, Williams should be signed, Richards not, rowe turner is still not the answer at left back, I hope I'm proved wrong but this is a disappointing decision from nicho.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Well that is a somewhat confusing state of affairs! Most clubs just come out and say who is retained and who is released but we appear to have come up with a new "middle ground" where we are neither saying yes or no to a number of players but a maybe???? Surely it would be better for all parties concerned if we made a decision and moved on? How much time will we take before deciding whether this group of players has a future at TUFC or not .... surely we aren't going to leave it until just before the season starts????

So, it appears that the following are retains : Lathrope, Chaney

The following are regarded as " must try to keep" by the Manager and have been offered new deals : Moore, McGinty, Young, Verma, Richards, Sparkes and Keating

These lot are "in limbo" - we may keep you, we may not.... depending on whether you get a better offer elsewhere or we find a better replacement in the meantime: Gallifuoco, Anderson, Rowe-Turner, Harrad and Williams

The following are released: Gerring, Duke and (to all intents and purposes) Hancox

It does, I have to say, smack of a little bit of indecision on the part of Nicho and I can see why LRT tweeted what he did - it appears that there is no offer for these players but there might be if they don't get fixed up elsewhere ... I suspect that if we do offer any of this group anything it may well be on reduced terms as it doesn't appear that they are seen as key players for next season? I guess I can't disagree with that in the main, although I would definitely have kept Williams and I think Anderson and Rowe-Turner can both consider themselves a little unlucky given the shifts they have put in in the last couple of months.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Zippy »

looks like we will be in for another season of struggles, this doesn't tick the boxes, it wont help season ticket sales unless we make some really good signings, Williams should be signed, Richards not, rowe turner is still not the answer at left back, I hope I'm proved wrong but this is a disappointing decision from nicho.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

CP Gull wrote: 07 May 2017, 19:19 Well that is a somewhat confusing state of affairs! Most clubs just come out and say who is retained and who is released but we appear to have come up with a new "middle ground" where we are neither saying yes or no to a number of players but a maybe???? Surely it would be better for all parties concerned if we made a decision and moved on? How much time will we take before deciding whether this group of players has a future at TUFC or not .... surely we aren't going to leave it until just before the season starts????

It does, I have to say, smack of a little bit of indecision on the part of Nicho and I can see why LRT tweeted what he did - it appears that there is no offer for these players but there might be if they don't get fixed up elsewhere ... I suspect that if we do offer any of this group anything it may well be on reduced terms as it doesn't appear that they are seen as key players for next season? I guess I can't disagree with that in the main, although I would definitely have kept Williams and I think Anderson and Rowe-Turner can both consider themselves a little unlucky given the shifts they have put in in the last couple of months.
Smacks of trying to make a silk purser out of a pig's ear if you ask me. Almost certainly some players being told there is less money in it for them next season than last and that is the bottom line. A manager can only work with the tools he is given and boy has he had a few tools last season!
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

offering Harrad ANY terms is madness, the blokes past it, he was on a decent wack - waste of money!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Pretty much as you would expect. Gerring, Duke and Hancox are not near the first team, so no surprises there.

All the rest of the squad has been pretty close to the team, so are in the manager's plans. They are then split into those he definitely wants to keep and those who are not 100%, so need to wait to see how finances go, how other targets go, if these players have better offers etc. It's not as clean cut as most retained lists, but you can see why.

Sign up most of those offered contracts and we'll have a reasonable spine to work from. Even with the same budget, the addition of Hedges and Nicholson being one year wiser means we should be looking at a stronger squad than we've had this year.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Clearly there has been a problem between Nicholson and Williams because why would you not sign him up for next season? Either they don't click or the budget is very low once again.

Richards does nothing for me, he can't pass, he's not a leader and we played better when he was missing at the end of the season. What more proof do you need?
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Surely this is where Hedges and Harrop earn their money?
They've had a good few months to work on two scenarios (relegation or survival) and should have drawn up suitable/appropriate lists accordingly to support the manager! That or they've done diddly squat to justify their employment.
I wait with bated breath for this 'fit and proper' bunch to show us all they mean to make a fist of this new circumstance they find themselves in and enjoy the ride!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

This 'retained' list gives no confidence to me at all. Just exactly what is next season's budget? Why would any team in our situation not offer a deal to a proven goalscorer - Brett Williams?