Retain List

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

.........and with his name 'doing the rounds' I reckon a decent club might take a punt on him if it doesn't work out and from a professional perspective that would be a much more sensible option for him than staying put on this ship of fools.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Couldn't agree more.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Goody2514 wrote: 30 Apr 2017, 20:15 I would keep them all minus -

Harrod - too old, slow
Richards - nothing short of useless
Gerring - no better than average
Duke - cant carry him and Chaney on the fact they have potential
Lathorpe - injured too often

Its all about the additions. Lee is defo worth keeping if Bournemouth let us, Keating needs tying down to a contract, and I would give Young and Williams anything they want to stay. We need a bigger squad, at least 10 additions. The wet Tuesday nights away in Nov are tough and injuries have affected us this season.
Onto the additions, Connor Oliver, Number 4 yesterday looked assured and clearly their best player. Worth a punt???
I'll tell you what, that is exactly what my Dad and I thought at the match. Connor Oliver absolutely stood out, quite classy. I know he was in a losing side that finished bottom but he absolutely stood out, he was the best player on the pitch, head and shoulders above anything we have got. Trouble is, its getting players like that to come all the way down here for the wages.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Does anyone know when the official retained list for next season will be announced?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

desperado wrote: 03 May 2017, 14:18 And.........it seems that Nicholson is staying
The great gods of knowledge , Merse and SG have been banging on for months about how he would be on his
way at the end of the season whatever league we were in, , dead man walking etc etc, got that one wrong didn't they
Gary Hill leaves Woking tonight as he's not offered a new contract. Now if GI are looking for an experienced manager at this level they could be interested.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I said Sam Topliss was a class act and one of the reasons they were in the National league at all But we had our chance of Sam when he was with us previously and i doubt he will want to come back. But you never know.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Flipper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Angus Mac

Post by Flipper »

I suspect that with the money that the coaching staff are on and the budget being the same as last season it will be a case of trying to keep the best of what we have and trying to add to it as best they can.
It will be a small squad again and a struggle to bring decent players down here on low wages. It will be another struggle and getting in the right loan players will be vital.
So much for investment from GI. They've no interest in the club other than what they can get out of it. I bet they were gutted that we survived relegation.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

nickbrod wrote: 04 May 2017, 20:46 Gary Hill leaves Woking tonight as he's not offered a new contract. Now if GI are looking for an experienced manager at this level they could be interested.
The Gary Hill, that verbally abused the torquay fans at plainmoor. Not a chance, arrogant arsehole
Lucy
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

nickbrod wrote: 04 May 2017, 20:46 Gary Hill leaves Woking tonight as he's not offered a new contract. Now if GI are looking for an experienced manager at this level they could be interested.
No thanks!!
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

does anyone actually know that the budget for next season will be the same, some of you seem to think you know that it will be .
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Zippy wrote: 05 May 2017, 12:05 does anyone actually know that the budget for next season will be the same, some of you seem to think you know that it will be .
It was set at the same level as last season but I'm told there's been a small increase after a recent budget meeting. It's still a ridiculously low budget from GI considering they're trying to get us all onside.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 05 May 2017, 13:09 Yet you all seemed onside with the board who delivered the budget last season??? At the end of the day we did NOT have the smallest budget in the league and teams with smaller budgets performed better than we did.

I know you will go on about our poor locations and inability to attract players but it is what it is... its as if you are expecting someone to buy TUFC and invest millions... oh like Thea did... and lose it all... mmmmm
Playing the last 2 months of the season with only 1 keeper in the squad is reasonable? It's not about 'investing millions'. It's about providing the tools to do an adequate job. Faced with relegation, they didn't react. Didn't care?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

Ben Gerring has announced on twitter as expected he has been released, I expect he'll rock up down the road at Truro City shortly.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 05 May 2017, 13:09 Yet you all seemed onside with the board who delivered the budget last season??? At the end of the day we did NOT have the smallest budget in the league and teams with smaller budgets performed better than we did.

I know you will go on about our poor locations and inability to attract players but it is what it is... its as if you are expecting someone to buy TUFC and invest millions... oh like Thea did... and lose it all... mmmmm
I think that £8k was all that was required to bring in the necessary players....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

gullsdiv2 wrote: 05 May 2017, 14:37 Ben Gerring has announced on twitter as expected he has been released, I expect he'll rock up down the road at Truro City shortly.
That's good news - I half expected him to be retained as a harbinger of doom of a reduced budget. So we either figured we can do better, or the budget is so far reduced that even Gerring is out of our price range.....