Season tickets

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Will you buy a season ticket for 2017/18 season?

Yes, without question
29%
Only if they are really cheap
3%
I don't know. I will wait to see what happens
35%
Probably not
14%
Under no circumstances will I be giving GI my money as I don't trust them
19%

Total votes: 63

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Always said, while there's a club to support, I'll support it, should the day ever arrive for an FC Torquay would support such a club also, so no cutting my nose off, it's season ticket for me.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Southampton Gull
In all seriousness it's been created by an individual not an organisation.
Has anyone suggested anything other than that ? In fact had it not been my good mate Hector who instigated it, I wouldn't have bothered attempting to find fault, and with the total lack of seriousness that I did...as indicated by the attempt at a little humour and the big smile at the end.

:K
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

so everyone happy now, they go on sale tomorrow and I will be getting mine!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

yep, if i still lived in devon i would have one, i support my football team, no matter who owns it, through thick and thin. i'll prob make it home for a couple matches, but will have to make do with the usual smattering of northern outposts, macclesfield and guiseley again, maybe a few of the north western ones this time, chester, tranmere, even into wales? halifax or chorley, could even look into hartlepool and a rare trip into london for my first trip to orient for over 30 years!? will miss york and lincoln, probably seen us at those two more often than any other northern sides, rotherham possibly more tho in their different homes. north ferriby was a charming club, despite the defeat!
still keeping the faith
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I will be renewing mine - £275 for BB is great value but I fear that it will not be enough to give us a competitive playing budget.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

A year ago, many of us rushed to renew our season tickets, unaware that the club would fall into the hands of property developers, should the club not be in a position to repay the loan to GI. Repayments, no doubt, made harder by a cheap season ticket offer not producing enough revenue for the club to make those repayments. Was that part of GI's master plan all along?

So what's their plan now? Why would anyone buy a season ticket when they cannot be sure where that money is going? Will it go on team-building for KN or for feasibility plans and lobbying of TBC by GI?

Who knows? Who is prepared to take the risk?

I feel less inclined to commit myself to a season of football that might just replicate the previous two, especially when such malevolent forces are at hand, within the club
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

I think the poll needs to include. I don't live in Torquay so unable too
Lucy
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Think a lot of people will wait to see who signs up first!

but looks like we are back to more sensible pricing structure for season tickets and match day prices are frozen
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I can't think of many other businesses that could raise their prices by 37.5% and have their clients describe it as sensible. You're absolutely right of course but it does show what a naive decision the previous Board made 12 months ago.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote: 10 May 2017, 11:13 I can't think of many other businesses that could raise their prices by 37.5% and have their clients describe it as sensible. You're absolutely right of course but it does show what a naive decision the previous Board made 12 months ago.
**cough**Mel Hayman**cough**covert GI agenda**cough
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Living in Essex I don't get to many home games but I thought about buying a season ticket as a commitment to the club. Then I realised that we have no idea what GI will do with the money. If the club was owned by people with Torquay United's interests at heart and not property developers who just want the ground, then I might buy one.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Bought mine today. I know some will think me crazy for doing so but - as I see it - we can boycott the Club and see it go down either financially or through relegation or we can support the playing budget by purchasing season tickets.

Put like that it was a simple decision for me although I still fear that the price, like last season, is too low to mount a promotion push.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

well said Modgull, Yes got mine too,
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

I'm getting one.

As the song goes..."Torquay till I die".