Time to sort it out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Southampton Gull wrote: 01 May 2017, 17:01 I think the point you're missing is that GI won't invest enough to make starting afresh a viable proposition. Much better to try and keep the ones we know possess a little quality and support them with 'better' cheap options than this year.

Anyone holding out for significant investment in the playing squad is deluding themselves. A fresh start with a new group of players/management offers no guarantee of being any better and as history has shown us, we rarely improve through changing the personnel. The only time it happened was under Buckle who we all know had an exceptional budget to work with.
:goodpost:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

If the club was going to change the manager, that should have been done back in in late January early February, the position the club is now, and we all know, even those of us who were in the give G.I a chance camp, they're not going to pour money into the club, so with that in mind, the best was forward now would be to keep the current manager in place, who knows this squad of players, knows who's likely to want to stay, amongst those worth trying to keep at the club, there isn't the time for someone new to come in, and get a squad ready for the new season, on the likely player budget.

I maintained before, and all the way through the season, the squad we had was more than capable of a mid table finish, the team finished the season 6 points off 11th place, looking back at the Solihull Moors and Guiseley home games, both should have been won all day long, down to how the games panned out, there's the 6 points that would have given us 11th place finish in the league, and that's what formed a large part of the criticism I levelled against Nicho, however he's been very honest about his own performance, fair play, so no need to drag up old stuff.

The point is, it proves the nucleolus of the current squad , with the addition , and some creative thinking is going to be needed, as Nicho will not have the money to bring proven players, can easily be competitive next time around.
Formerly known as forevertufc
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I reckon, no matter what other posters think, we can't second guess what Clarke Osborne will decide about the way forward. His decisions could well be unpredictable.
He's a ruthless businessman who knows what to say to keep us football fans placated.
The next week could well be interesting.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

nickbrod wrote: 01 May 2017, 21:18 I reckon, no matter what other posters think, we can't second guess what Clarke Osborne will decide about the way forward. His decisions could well be unpredictable.
He's a ruthless businessman who knows what to say to keep us football fans placated.
The next week could well be interesting.
He's a ruthless businessman who knows what to say to keep some football fans placated.
TUST MEMBER
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Clarke Osborne is certainly not a charity, nor should we expect him to be. And he's not going to work miracles. On the contrary, he's going to ensure that the club does not spend beyond its means. And that's fair enough. Indeed such an approach must be essential. And that should be enough to provide an opportunity for steady progress next season up the table to a safe mid-table position, and even hopefully into the play-offs. We cannot expect more than that, and should not expect less.