I support TUFC regardless...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

I support TUFC regardless...

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Who are you.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Well we will just have to wait and see what happens in the close season
Having just read the Heralds interview with Clarke 'Genghis' Osborne, I am hopeful he has some interest in the
teams success . I think the foul mouthed abuse should stop, stick to considered opinions
I would say to him though, what GI have spent since they arrived is not investing in the team. Some experienced
players needed in the summer please Mr Osborne, to help any of our younger players who will remain
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I wonder if you could tell us (other than a fan) if you are connected with the club or HE in anyway 3littlepigs?

Not the best name to be supporting GI (huff and puff and blow your house down!)
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Then may I ask how you know that what merse (and others you will not name) are spreading is utter rubbish?* What do you base this claim on?

*For the record I have no idea if what is reported is fact/fiction or somewhat inbetween
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Questions for 'threelittle piglets':
1. What is 'Hargreaves' first name?
2. What is the proper name of the player nicknamed 'The Dude'?
3. Who was a St. Marychurch milkman before becoming a pro. footballer with United?

Any bona fide United fan could answer these questions.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

threelittlepiglets wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 08:26 Excuse me?!? I am a Torquay based fan...
Just wondered as you have only just created your account and wading in telling us how people with long stand connections with the club are spreading lies...

Not what I would put for my post numpty
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

wivelgull wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 10:49 Questions for 'threelittle piglets':
3. Who was a St. Marychurch milkman before becoming a pro. footballer with United?

Eh.. Can you tell me the answer to number 3 please.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Touchy ...are you sat on a cactus plant
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Welcome anyhow...im only a bit part contributer and read more than input....

If we give them a chance and lose plainmoor and club what them
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

I don't know the answer to number 3 either!

Threelittlepiglets has just as much right to post on here as anyone else in my eyes. Just because someone may have a different opinion from the majority view is irrelevant. Aren't forums supposed to be places for opinions and debate?

If people are confident in the veracity of their facts then a dissenting voice shouldn't be a problem should it?

Instead of trying to shut them down maybe try reasoning with them and see if you can persuade them over to your point of view?
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 13:24 Ok, agreed. But again 'what if'??

And also

'What if' we get a new stadium in a better location that increases revenue streams and in the long run equals sustainability. Another 'what if' albeit a different view. My view.
You are aware that all those extra revenue streams will be going straight to GI instead of the club? Thus we will be in a materially worse position, being the tenant of a commercial organisation that will look to maximise profit as opposed to the Council. GI will utilise the club as an anchor tenant to fill out dates at the stadium, the rent they charge the club will be practically anything they want as Utd don't have anywhere else to play.

The budget of the club will not be directly linked to the new revenue streams, it'll be whatever GI wants. Commercially it'd make the most sense to make this as low as possible to keep them in the National League and thus filling up dates at the stadium and providing revenue while allowing GI to minimise costs and generate their profit through ancillary match day activities and the new revenue streams. The new revenue streams would be unlikely to result in an increased budget for the club, as they would do if the club owned the stadium or a private benefactor did. It's not 'sustainability' when you have a stadium operator siphoning off all the new revenue streams, if anything the club is more vulnerable.

This is of course assuming that a stadium is ever built...which given GIs record is probably about 1% likely.
Last edited by SenorDingDong on 26 Apr 2017, 14:06, edited 2 times in total.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular

Post by SenorDingDong »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 13:51 I am fully aware of lots of things but it is impossible to be aware of something that is yet and has not happened...

We will see...
Speaking as someone who works in commercial contract placement and management, GI would be an unusual company if that wasn't the way it went. Their aim is to maximise profit, getting Utd up the leagues won't help with that, given the fact it incurs greater costs without crowds raising in line with them. The only argument for not adopting that strategy is if you are a fan of the club and genuinely care for it. A benevolent investor or a supportive local council building a stadium as the centrepiece of a redevelopment project, in those situations the aim is to raise revenue to invest directly into the club to increase its budget, offsetting the clubs comparatively small crowds, rather than cut a profit for shareholders.

As we already know GI don't really care for the club, aren't a rich mans play thing such as Chelsea, don't really care about football and are in this solely for profit, be it through property development or stadium management. They don't care about pushing Utd up the leagues so long as they make a healthy profit, they will not divert any more of the new revenue streams than is absolutely necessary to keep their anchor tenant in place.
Last edited by SenorDingDong on 26 Apr 2017, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

SenorDingDong wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 13:48The new revenue streams would be unlikely to result in an increased budget for the club, as they would do if the club owned the stadium or a private benefactor did. It's not 'sustainability' when you have a stadium operating siphoning off all the new revenue streams, if anything the club is more vulnerable.

It needs clarifying that Gaming International currently own the football club, but will not necessarily continue to wish to do so once their hypothetical new home for it is built; up and running..........therefore ~ as an entity ~ the football club is extremely vulnerable if it moves to such a site.

At present Gaming International own a football club but rent a stadium for it to play in. What they say they want to do is own the stadium too; develop it and build a new one. Who is going to benefit from that and who in their tiny minds believes that if they pull this coup off they won't move the football club on as a capital venture?

We then revert to the status quo of a football club needing a home and the one that they have is owned by Gaming International and not the council acting on behalf of the local community.

Why not the community taking on the mantle of freeholders from the council and leasing Plainmoor to Gaming International? We know GI would not want to entertain that for one moment longer than they could dispose of their vehicle for acquiring the development rights to Plainmoor so forget the notion of Torquay United (as people romantically pretend they are) owning anything as they are currently owned because they are owned by developers!
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular

Post by SenorDingDong »

Exactly Merse it's a situation that would feel very similar to the Coventry City one and we all know how that turned out with never ending problems, an exile to Northampton, relegation into L2 etc.

Let us also remember that Coventry are a much bigger better supported club than Torquay and as such are better placed to fight against and survive such turmoil. Even then it's absolutely destroyed the club.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

wivelgull wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 10:49 Questions for 'threelittle piglets':

This is a ridiculous thing to ask anybody. You are not the arbiter of who is allowed to be defined as a "proper" (or bona fide) fan. The idea of a "proper" fan is itself moronic. Anybody who supports the team and wants them to do well is a proper fan. You don't have to attend x number of games or spend £x on merchandise over the course of a season.

The timing of threelittlepiglet's arrival on the forum is...well, a bit suspect, and we're all sensitive to the idea that the owners would plant users on forums to defend them, but at this point, what does it even matter? Everybody around the club needs to concentrate on getting across the finishing line this weekend. Anything beyond that can wait until about 2.15pm on saturday.

There *will* be a reckoning for the owners, and our job as supporters to hold their proverbial feet to the fire and not allow them to finagle their way out of divulging plans, but instituting some sort of test to determine who can be allowed to call themselves is a fan is asshattery of the highest order.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.