Mini documentary about Torquay United (First Look Media)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
aaronernst
New Signing
New Signing

Post by aaronernst »

Lloyder5 wrote: 25 Apr 2017, 07:25 Don't forget, the struggle goes on today, both on and off the pitch.
I saw the articles about the stadium... we'd be interested in talking to fans about that as well.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

PlainmoorB0b wrote: 24 Apr 2017, 21:38 Sounds cool

Anyone have any footage of the Torquay Swansea play off final second leg from 88?

Was only young but remember the quagmire pitch and the physicality of the game being like something out of Game of Thrones!
Here we go as promised...picture slightly degraded due to compressed file size for youtube

More to come as some point ....on the history bit on TFF some months I promised some footage from the 1970s from plainmoor.....it will happen soon. Waiting on material and clearance to upload it. Included will be footage from 1978 at plainmoor against Grimsby where one or our players handballed a goal in !!!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Not wrong with how brutel it was...check out 30.38 ish....no half measures
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Great video WYG!

Remember after leaving the ground when a group of Swansea boys (or should that be boyos) thought it would be good fun to goad me and my brother-in-law as we walked down Marnham Road.... little did they know what was coming! Let's just say it involved a very irate United fan and a traffic cone (and some poor sod's passenger door).... ahhh, the good ol' days....
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Probably best contacting the admins of this forum and Beyond the Penn Inn Roundabout, they're fairly well connected with some past figures at the club. Also maybe the guys over at the Torquay Fans Forum, it's a ghost town over there but a few of the remaining members are very into their club history and have been following the club for years.
devonboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by devonboy »

Sounds great. I will be at the match this weekend and also Washington next month! If you need anything DM me. Always wanted to be on TV!