Final Game - North Ferriby @ 12:15

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Fu*king Macclesfield....... :@
........and Dover..... :@ knew they were sh1te! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Dover drawing to Macclesfield, considering the importance of the match just highlights yet again that this league is so unpredictable. Let's face it, after good Friday, what Torquay fan would have predicted we would have our destiny in our own hands going into north ferriby match.
Last edited by lucy6lucy on 26 Apr 2017, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.
Lucy
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

lucy6lucy wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 00:01 Dover losing to Macclesfield, considering the importance of the match just highlights yet again that this league is so unpredictable. Let's face it, after good Friday, what Torquay fan would have predicted we would have our destiny in our own hands going into north ferriby match.
It was a draw, LucyLucy !! ;-)
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

tomogull wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 00:19 It was a draw, LucyLucy !! ;-)
Type error, i posted it knowing it was a draw, but equally it doesn't change the facts that any team can win each other in this league,. Saturday will be unreal in that scores elsewhere will effect the atmosphere by the minute, but at least we know victory has no effect on our survival. I remember Rotherham away when we lost 3-1, on the last day, but chesterfield helped us by Winning, no one was watching the match, we where all on our mobiles. I reckon Saturday will be a similar reoccurring theme
Lucy
Wraysburygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Welsh

Post by Wraysburygull »

Wonder will our game be on TV now? Aldershot v Braintree would have been favourite but maybe not now
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

A nice little club called North Ferriby
have played all the season most terribly.
And in their last game
they'll again be quite tame,
So the Gulls at the end will most merry be.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I can't find anything from their official site, fans forum (which doesn't exist) or anywhere to suggest that even a single Ferriby fan will be coming. Should hopefully be a good attendance regardless. I've managed to rope a few in from work who've never been to Plainmoor before.
93SeanPrice
Trialist
Trialist

Post by 93SeanPrice »

Hi guys,
I'm new in this forum. I am from Poland. I'm into betting for a coulpe of years and sometimes I tried to predict some games from English lower leagues. As we have a last games on Saturday, I chose some games which I think I'm almost sure.
Your team has to win. I think that you are able to do it. I didn't notice any information about something that can make Torqay doesn't win this Saturday.

Thank you.

Have a nice day:)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

93SeanPrice wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 18:01 Hi guys,
I'm new in this forum. I am from Poland. I'm into betting for a coulpe of years and sometimes I tried to predict some games from English lower leagues. As we have a last games on Saturday, I chose some games which I think I'm almost sure.
Your team has to win. I think that you are able to do it. I didn't notice any information about something that can make Torqay doesn't win this Saturday.

Thank you.

Have a nice day:)
and, on that bombshell..............
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Wraysburygull wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 09:22 Wonder will our game be on TV now? Aldershot v Braintree would have been favourite but maybe not now
Nope. its York vs FGR
Wraysburygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Welsh

Post by Wraysburygull »

As if there's not enough pressure already 😀
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Dzien dobri 93SeanPrice,

Bardzo dziekuje!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

93SeanPrice wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 18:01 I chose some games which I think I'm almost sure.

I learned many years ago that betting on your own team is a terrible idea.

(as is gambling on odd-on teams away from Home and any team that rhymes with "Schmiverpool")
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
aaronernst
New Signing
New Signing

Post by aaronernst »

Hi all,

As I posted in another thread:

"I'm a freelance producer for US-based First Look Media. The company produces in-depth feature films (it won an Oscar in 2016 for the film Spotlight) as well as shorter-length mini-documentaries. I'm helping them to develop a digital sports-based series focusing on teams and individuals who have persevered in the face of long odds. Our director read about the team's near relegation in the 1986-87 season, the intervention of Bryn etc., and asked me to reach out to learn more. "

Considering the importance of Saturday's match, I'm looking for someone planning to attend the game, who might be willing to send me video clips of the game and/or put me in touch with BT Sport about licensing their footage of the game. I don't have a budget yet but we can definitely work out compensation to license the video you shoot if we move forward.

Please send me a direct message if you are interested, and good luck on Saturday!

Aaron
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

A film without a budget. What a novel idea..!! :~D

Good luck with it anyway. I'm sure there will be a few among us who'll be able to help with information, or to point the way. :)