"There's gonna be a riot". ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

"There's gonna be a riot". ?

Post by Glostergull »

On A Facebook page supposedly for Real Torquay fans, This is a comment made by a so called supporter, Gee man. Just what have you done with a comment like that. What can we do to convince you that comments like that are all GL need to help get us thrown out of our home. Maggie Thatcher latched onto that years ago after Hillsbourgh. do you honestly think that thuggish bahaviour sits well with the public at large. My bet is if there is public meeting about the sale of the ground this will likely be ammunition to those who think we are all tarred with the same brush and we are all unruly hooligans just waiting for an excuse to have a fight. For goodness sake grow some and grow up. I don't know half of these people but others on here do. Please let them know your feelings. If you don't agree with me then we might as well give up now.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by moneylife »

i agree a riot would solve nothing and could potentially be used against the fans
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

complete Tossers, Get a life.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I predict it could be a title for a song!
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

There's not going to be a riot. These are Torquay United fans we're talking about, it's not like we're Millwall or West Ham.
eddiebent
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by eddiebent »

Absolutely no need for there to be a riot but we do need to make the mayor aware of our feelings and plans are in place for a fans gathering outside of the town hall on Saturday 29th at 10.00am. If the mayor is of the opinion that any decision that he makes will make him unpopular, he'll almost certainly refer it to full council to make the decision.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

That is a comment from an idiot and can safely be ignored.

I got added into that facebook group and a lot of the members there don't really know what is going on. My favourite was "This Pete Masters guy owns Truro and just bough the Sunday Independent! Let's see if we get him to talk about GI!"

I mean, anything raising the profile of the issue is helpful, but I'm dubious about how much good a facebook group can really do.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Mass media always attracts the simpletons; just put it down to that and ignore them
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

happytorq wrote: 21 Apr 2017, 16:56 That is a comment from an idiot and can safely be ignored.

I got added into that facebook group and a lot of the members there don't really know what is going on. My favourite was "This Pete Masters guy owns Truro and just bough the Sunday Independent! Let's see if we get him to talk about GI!"

I mean, anything raising the profile of the issue is helpful, but I'm dubious about how much good a facebook group can really do.
Oh god yeah I saw that one, then a few posts later he claimed to know who Pete Masters was :Oops: At least people are starting to realise there's a problem even if they're poorly informed.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

He'll be back at school on Monday morning.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Riot? I hope not.

Especially if they both show up then there could be some trouble down at Plainmoor. :}

At least they are displaying some passion unlike some Gulls fans who often I wonder if they even have a pulse. Obviously not condoning such action but a slightly milder protest may be a compromise although it won't do any good whatsoever.
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Woods

Post by Soupdragon »

eddiebent wrote: 21 Apr 2017, 16:45 Absolutely no need for there to be a riot but we do need to make the mayor aware of our feelings and plans are in place for a fans gathering outside of the town hall on Saturday 29th at 10.00am. If the mayor is of the opinion that any decision that he makes will make him unpopular, he'll almost certainly refer it to full council to make the decision.
You think the mayor is going to be at the town hall on a Saturday at 10am? The place will be locked up.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Just as stupid as singing songs to insult Clarke Osborne last Monday ~ he wasn't there either!
eddiebent
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by eddiebent »

I'm aware that the mayor won't be there. That's not really the point. If we can generate some more awareness of the situation by arranging a peaceful presence outside of the town hall, which reaches people who wouldn't otherwise be aware, that's got to be a good thing. If it helps to make the decision a bit more uncomfortable for the mayor, all the better.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Let's see what this thread is about. Provide a link