Dover Athletic v Torquay United 22/4/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Brucie is right! I agree with brucie!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Agreed - I would expect Dover to win that one after Macclesfields decision to roll over against Solihull last week.

I would think that Cooper might want a win at York though. They have been stuttering of late and they might want some momentum going into the play offs.

The momentum seems to be all with Aldershot at the moment and I would back them .
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

What a result, what a performance. From where we were 30 minutes into the Braintree game, the resolve and desire shown by the players (and manager, and supporters) has been incredible. As Nicho rightly said, nothing is done yet, but to be going into the final game in a favourable position is a great achievement in itself. One more push. Then the fight moves to the boardroom. Osbourne and Harrop will be distraught that the tide is turning. And that makes it even sweeter.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Plymouth Gull wrote: 23 Apr 2017, 09:27 Crazy, crazy result. This bloody club, eh?!
Yes ...... why the hell do we put ourselves through it every season ?? I'm sure one of the qualifications of being a Gulls fan is being a masochist. :scarf:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I would say one of the best performances of the season great day out and what an atmosphere Williams has come good at the right time. The travel club
should take credit as well as the support was unbelievable. :keepie: Well done to the drummer. :clap:

It meant so much to a lot of older supporters they were crying when Williams scored. :'(
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Just seen the highlights. That's two cracking goals from Williams - lets face it the blokes on fire and I wouldn't back against him getting another couple on Saturday.

I thought the players celebrations at the end were restrained which was a good sign.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

greenwelly wrote: 22 Apr 2017, 21:32 Argyle fan here, but whose grandfather played for The Gulls. Fantastic result today. One more result and The Gulls survive to fight another day. I am so happy for you. Had I not already bought my ticket for us v. Crewe on Saturday I would certainly have been at Plainmoor.
Who was Your Grandfather Green welly. I don't remember anyone playing in wellies. let alone green ones lol
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Mo Gull »

Only just seen the goals from Saturday. Williams really belts the second one! Makes me wonder why there haven't been more goals for him this season - he looks strong and aggressive and, including the last home game, he doesn't look averse to just belting a shot at goal.

Perhaps can progress on next season?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Mo Gull wrote: 25 Apr 2017, 10:12 Only just seen the goals from Saturday. Williams really belts the second one! Makes me wonder why there haven't been more goals for him this season - he looks strong and aggressive and, including the last home game, he doesn't look averse to just belting a shot at goal.

Perhaps can progress on next season?
He's got to be on the pitch to score more goals. I think the players fitness has improved the last few games.
WHG
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by WHG »

standupsitdown wrote: 20 Apr 2017, 10:21 A draw would bring Woking & Solihull back into the equation. This is particularly relevant as Woking play York Saturday & Solihull play Guiseley the week after.
Wow is this what they call déjà vu
This was on last years Dover matchday thread