Herald finally speak Up !!!!!!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Herald finally speak Up !!!!!!!

Post by MF68 »

Today on Devon Live - DT speaks out
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

If that's the Herald speaking up then we might as well ignore them. DT is speaking as though relegation is already assured. That right there is an article that has it's place if and when we get relegated but not right now. Furthermore the full time/part time issue isn't the most immediately pressing issue, that is getting GI to come clean with their plans about the freehold.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

SenorDingDong wrote: 19 Apr 2017, 14:23 Furthermore the full time/part time issue isn't the most immediately pressing issue, that is getting GI to come clean with their plans about the freehold.
If I was into conspiracy theories I would suggest the following:

This is black propaganda produced by GI and spread on their behalf by the HE.

It obvious that there is serious unrest amongst the natives. So to distract from the real reason for that unrest (ie concerns about the freehold), GI, through their black propaganda, are trying to suggest the unrest is about the team performance and their funding of the team in the hope that enough supporters will divert their energies from protesting about the freehold and complain about the on field situation instead.

As senordingdong says the issue is not about which division we are in next year, it is about the very survival of this club.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

After my criticism of David Thomas on the Guardian thread on Saturday (13.32) - apologies to those that didn't get the Game of Thrones reference - I would have to say that giving him his due, this story in the main is calling for GI to step up to the mark and make a commitment to the club and fans by stating categorically that if we go down we will definitely be full-time next season.

http://www.devonlive.com/come-on-gi-tor ... story.html

So maybe the message is getting through that they have a responsibility to help save the club.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

TBH, it was hardly breaking news. Harrop was never ever going to say relegation would result in us going part time, but the fact he couldn't say we wouldn't kind of suggests we will. If you know what I mean. I reckon personally we will have a mixture of full and part timers in the squad if we get relegated.
Lucy
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

£350,000 - £400,000 budget required for a full time squad, club management and stadium upkeep.

There will be a 30 - 40% drop in the above revenues if we go down, equating to a Part time budget without a significant GI investment.

Unless the Leopard changes his spots there will be a complete revamp of this elusive 5 year plan.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Never mind worrying if the club will stay full-time if it goes down (highly unlikely in my view) will it even stay full-time if it doesn't?

Harrop doesn't know because he is basically the 'useful idiot' in Osborne's empire and being used in much the same manner that Nicholson is being used for in my opinion.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He's not been that useful so far though ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

No but he has been an idiot! :clap:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

And fat ;-)
Dave

gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

gullpower wrote: 19 Apr 2017, 20:30 After my criticism of David Thomas on the Guardian thread on Saturday (13.32) - apologies to those that didn't get the Game of Thrones reference - I would have to say that giving him his due, this story in the main is calling for GI to step up to the mark and make a commitment to the club and fans by stating categorically that if we go down we will definitely be full-time next season.

http://www.devonlive.com/come-on-gi-tor ... story.html

So maybe the message is getting through that they have a responsibility to help save the club.
Comments made on this weeks podcast are in the same vein and are more direct.

Well done David. Glad to see you're on board!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Could he kiss their arses any more?

I don't know about anyone else but to me he's doing a better PR job for Osborne than anyone else has.
Dave

CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

The podcast is an absolute joke, the fact there was not one mention of the national and international story of the freehold in the guardian speaks for itself.

Clarke and David
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

SenorDingDong wrote: 19 Apr 2017, 14:23 the full time/part time issue isn't the most immediately pressing issue, that is getting GI to come clean with their plans about the freehold.
United were employing players working part-time outside football last season and have been for years; take a look at BTPIR tonight for proof.

As I said on there.........Thomas doesn't have a ruddy clue!