Anyone fancy standing for our MP as a 'Save TUFC from GI' candidate?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Duncan »

Can admin submit this proposal and get a response from the TUST ASAP please. We neeed to get this moving swiftly.

Cheers

Dunc
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

merse btpir wrote: 19 Apr 2017, 17:26 :bow: Well I don't live down there, I am in the Hornsey & Wood Green constituency now having moved over from Jeremy Corbyn's Islington North stronghold since the last General Election.

That rules out being able to vote tactically and my only 'X' will go into the box for my sitting Labour MP Catherine West who shoved the LibDems/Quislings out of this seat last time round.

Would I vote tactically and vote Tory in Torbay if was able to? Well considering this is an entirely fraudulent attempt by Theresa May to push through something (BREXIT) she knows in her heart of hearts she will be unable to do in the manner that she wishes and absolutely nothing about the Government's appalling policies on education, health and social issues; then YES I probably would.

I used to vote tactically against the Tories when I lived in Newton Abbot, and you can probably guess that meant not voting Labour then
Well I'm afraid that is something I could not do under any circumstances.
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Woods

Post by Soupdragon »

Duncan wrote: 19 Apr 2017, 19:54 Can admin submit this proposal and get a response from the TUST ASAP please. We neeed to get this moving swiftly.

Cheers

Dunc
Why does the board's admin have to do it; why can't you? Or are you not a member?
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Duncan »

As an individual I could. As an individual I could speak to the candidates. This is about doing things collectively.
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Soupdragon »

No, I mean why don't you contact the Trust to ask them, rather than ask someone else to do it? You could have done it by now and be reporting back to the rest of us!
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Duncan »

This forum has 2373 members that's why.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Don't ask what this forum can do for you Duncan, but what you can do for it! :)
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

If there's ever been a chance to have a candidate in a general election to campaign against GI taking control of plainmoor, this is it. Perfect timing this general election.
Lucy
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Soupdragon »

Duncan wrote: 19 Apr 2017, 20:56 This forum has 2373 members that's why.
Perhaps I'm being dim. Nothing new there. But if you want to check something out with the Trust, why don't you do just that? Why expect one of the other 2372 forum members on here to do it for you? You could have sent the Trust a message in the time it's taken to reply to me!
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Duncan »

It's not a case of not being bothered to do it myself soupdragon. A request coming from the administrators of a message board that has a large membership could be used as a tool if such meetings were ever to take place.

Talking of tools it's little wonder I rarely post on here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

We have the same amount of clout as you do Duncan. In fact, some of us aren't members of the Trust, so probably have less influence than an actual member :)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Duncan »

I am a fans forum member but not a TUST member.

I just thought it would be a good idea that's all but if you don't then fair enough.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

I suggest you join the trust pronto Duncan.........

They are a single interest wholly committed body that exist solely to look after the interests of the supporters, with a membership and board comprised solely of supporters.

They are the only official body fighting this cause and in stark contrast to the Torquay United Official Supporters Club who (predictably) have absolulutely nothing to say on the issue. Why is that? Because they are in existence only because the previous board wanted them and decidedly were 'anti trust' because they got in the way of their plan to sell the club with a nice fat freehold attached believing it was more 'saleable' that way.

Be assured; TUST are very much stronger with every new supporter who decides to join and they need to be stronger now!
Last edited by merse btpir on 19 Apr 2017, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I agree with Merse and yet I see merit in this. Not to win because any candidate seriously hasn't a chance of winning, so the thousands to be spent trying to win, would just be a waste of money. I think it is simply the publicity it could gather.

Torbay is traditionally one of the first results to be read out so when you get the 'Joe Bloggs (Save Torquay United from GI Candidate) 300 votes' and a handful of supporters noisily chanting at that point, it would at least add another flavour of publicity to the cause.

Didn't Charlton once start The Valley Party?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Yes they did but they actually won seats on Greenwich Council. This is not a council election but a General Election