Last day of Season Deciders

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Went that game, Darren Moore got sent off, went extra time and lost to a very late goal. My only positive from that game is that I still have a cutting from the Astro turf. Mike Bateson coming over at the end applauding us all,
Lucy
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

hector wrote: 18 Apr 2017, 23:181994
Cheers. Yes, I recall loads of plastic pitch souvenir hunters that night. How did you manage it, Lucy? We were behind a bloody great fence, as I recall? I remember Ashley Bayes managing to get through the pitch invasion to clap us all afterwards and trudging out, going to a pub to drown the sorrows with my TUFC affiliation hidden, with a PNE supporting mate and ordering a Becks. The barman replied "Bloody right a Becks tonight. LILLYWHITES" very loudly to general amusement/applause. John Beck was their Manager at the time. My smile will have looked forced. I decided to get drunk.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Rjc70 wrote: 19 Apr 2017, 00:39 Cheers. Yes, I recall loads of plastic pitch souvenir hunters that night. How did you manage it, Lucy? We were behind a bloody great fence, as I recall? I remember Ashley Bayes managing to get through the pitch invasion to clap us all afterwards and trudging out, going to a pub to drown the sorrows with my TUFC affiliation hidden, with a PNE supporting mate and ordering a Becks. The barman replied "Bloody right a Becks tonight. LILLYWHITES" very loudly to general amusement/applause. John Beck was their Manager at the time. My smile will have looked forced. I decided to get drunk.
Climbed over it. Only issue getting home was that my train to Liverpool left 30 minutes earlier with no other until morning , so for some stupid reason got the fort William to Euston sleeper. Enough said. Great days
Lucy
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

lucy6lucy wrote: 19 Apr 2017, 01:04 Climbed over it. Only issue getting home was that my train to Liverpool left 30 minutes earlier with no other until morning , so for some stupid reason got the fort William to Euston sleeper. Enough said. Great days
Good effort. :)
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Just thought of another one.
Hereford away 2012. I know it wasn't the last game as although we failed to get automatic promotion we then lost to Cheltenham in the play offs.
So typical of Torquay to be 3.0 down at half time to team who ended up being relegated. It mustn't happen tomorrow!!!!!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

standupsitdown wrote: 27 Apr 2017, 14:19 Just thought of another one.
Hereford away 2012. I know it wasn't the last game as although we failed to get automatic promotion we then lost to Cheltenham in the play offs.
So typical of Torquay to be 3.0 down at half time to team who ended up being relegated. It mustn't happen tomorrow!!!!!
And it won't happen tomorrow because today is bloody Thursday.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

So it is. Maybe confused because I'm travelling down on the train tomorrow - or just getting forgetful.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

standupsitdown wrote: 27 Apr 2017, 14:19 Just thought of another one.
I went Hereford. To be fair, Hereford had plenty to play for, they where only relegated because I think( Barnet drew?? I stand to be corrected). But they where not relegated before the match. I remember walking the streets of Hereford ( nice town) and it was yellow.
Lucy