Questions to Geoff Harrop (Video)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUST_Member_Rob

Questions to Geoff Harrop (Video)

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

[youtube]2gjdpmh00_Q[/youtube]
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

After last week's politician answers and tame questions I haven't bothered to watch this yet. Before I do can anyone tell me if it's worth it? Cheers!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Both Osborne and Harrop acting the victims of circumstances they have created.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

DevonYellow wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 21:18 After last week's politician answers and tame questions I haven't bothered to watch this yet. Before I do can anyone tell me if it's worth it? Cheers!
You won't learn anything if you don't listen; you won't hear anything if you set your mind with pre-conceived ideas. So listen; then make your points with authenticity.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I've watched, I've laughed, I've cringed and I've shouted at some of the answers.

I didn't feel that some of the questions were answered satisfactory, (lack of support for Kev etc), but it is what it is I guess.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

He is a good talker, that's for sure. The numerous references to GI, not riviera limited is a concern, as GI or Clark didn't want them named as part of the club, it was a separate company. Basically the new youth academy is not going to get us a player for at least 7 years, so not sure how it helps the 5 year plan( which isn't a plan of yet). I got the feeling that we will go part time if we are relegated, he couldn't answer that, but surely that should have been high on the agenda when they took over. He's very clear he has no intention of being manager of the club, let's see. He admits putting weight on.
Lucy
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Harrop was asked my questions exactly as they were submitted; that's good from the point of view of the questioner, but of course you are not there to press him on any point you feel has been avoided.

Were any of my points avoided? Not in the first question but I would have wanted to put him on the spot more on the subject of the apparent lack of commitment to strengthen the playing squad at this time of crisis. Tim Herbert didn't do that, just as he didn't 'pursue' Clarke Osborne on the same subject last week.

Oh; and it wasn't me who christened you 'Fat Harrop' Geoff......I made the observation that you were short! :rules:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I did laugh at his reply to your suggestion he might be thin skinned where forums are concerned. He went off on a tangent with that one. More salads, that was my advice you pleb.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

:clap:
Southampton Gull wrote: 14 Apr 2017, 07:05 More salads, that was my advice you pleb.
.........and when Mrs H deep fat fries them?

Take a tip from me Geoff (& I know you really do read this) stick to (being) grilled! :clap:
Last edited by merse btpir on 14 Apr 2017, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Just listened. Im probably one of a handful of the most anti GI on this forum.

He actually did a good job in answering those questions. I dont know the bloke, I want to trust him. But I was looking at him closely and I cant. I might be wrong, the problem is he might actually be stating correctly what he would personally like to achieve, but do I think GI want this No I dont.
TUST MEMBER
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

That's a fair point Neal; what I would call a 'useful idiot' to his employers then?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He may have been nervous but he certainly looked shifty and uncomfortable.

I was watching and hoping for the best but he answered some questions in such a way that he really just confirmed my worst fears.

I agree with the suggestion put forward by Merse.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

The problem I have is that I understand that at some point down the pyramid you would have to go part time if crowds plummeted. I actually don't have a problem with that. BUT again, not with this lot in charge because I don't trust them. If TUST owned the club and said look, we as fans now own it. Stump up the cash or we go part time, I then would have to make a personal decision on whether to support full time or part time. And it would be the same for the rest on here and the fanbase. No one to blame, no one to complain about, it would be our choice.

One exclusion to the above, TUST ownership of the club and GI ownership of whatever ground NOT ACCEPTABLE to me.

Hahhahaha one exception to the last statement, unless there was a cast iron long tenancy agreement at a fixed rent + inflation.
TUST MEMBER
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

His non-verbal cues were shocking.
His hands for example - looked like he was preying for forgiveness!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Body language is, like all psychology subjects, a complete nonsense and totally unreliable pseudo-science.

:~D