Bizarre 'first post'!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Bizarre 'first post'!

Post by drummergull90 »

Hello all

My old account entitled Drummergull seems to have disappeared so I've made a new one. My last post under my old Drummergull account was a thread about having sustained a terrible brain injury in an awful car crash in April 2016 and had no idea what had happened to the club by the time I finally came out of hospital in November. Ive had great backing from the club and they even announced me on the week I had the crash and my first game back against Wrexham. I speak quite freely with Nicho on Facebook as he let me and dad use his parking space when I had very limited mobility back in November. Nicho even took us into the changing room and we met all the players!! I was even used in his team talk, if this man can make all this effort to come and see you then you can make the effort out there!!! Crazy times.

Anyway my therapy hasn't all been physical, some of it has been mental including Speech and Language therapy. As part of this I have been reading and writing lots of poetry. Last week I was told to write one about somewhere I really love being destroyed bit by bit. I went for Plainmoor of course and the outcome is very relevant to our current situation. I will post it below:

The gigantic new stand
Bristows bench, dissipates
Into the ground, tumbling as it does so
The earth like a Venus flytrap
Taking huge bites of this famous stadium

Before Bristows the family stand
Diminishes in seconds
A dramatic fall indeed
All those children running
Stumbling as they do so

And now the pop side
Formerly full of people
Now just a crumbling mess
The flag torn to pieces

Used to fly over everyone’s heads

I've even sent it to Nicho and asked him to put it in the programme. He liked it but didn't think the new owners would let it be included, understandably. So I thought about the best way of sharing it with fans and this is the best way I could think of.

Now come on you boys, I didn't survive all this to support a Conference South team!!!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

The very best of luck to you sir in your long and difficult road to recovery but of course the new owners won't have that in the programme and I'm sure you'll understand.

If and when any such desecration of Plainmoor is given as intended then it has validity; in the meantime it's documented on here where it gets a much wider audience....I thought it was good!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Good one willmh90, change to read some poetry on here instead of....... Better not say what Im thinking lol

Yes, best of luck to you!!!
TUST MEMBER
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Well done willmh90. My brother is currently in plym neurological rehabilitation unit at mount Gould so I appreciate the effort you have gone to in doing your poetry. Thanks for sharing.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Well done and very thought provoking, perhaps you can write another ode when we survive in four matches time!
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

drummergull90 wrote: 09 Apr 2017, 17:46My old account entitled Drummergull seems to have disappeared so I've made a new one. My last post under my old Drummergull account...
Hello
Sorry for the delay, been a busy week.
The old account wasn't deleted you were forgetting the 90 at the end. I've merged this account onto the old one.
Hope you are well, good post :)
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest