TUFC TV - CLARKE OSBORNE

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

500k spent, really. On what? Give you credit for proper team coach and overnight stays. But really top half budget, you must be including harrop and director of recruitment who TBH I couldn't name in your costs. Harrop will avoid next Thursday's interview due to "illness " , whilst our director of recruitment who I still can't name is pissing himself.
Lucy
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Did I hear correctly that Clarke Osborne said that we have signed EIGHT players since G.I. arrived on the scene in January? Myles Anderson, Arran Racine, Jared Hodgkiss, Paul(?) Rooney, Jordan Lee, Rauri Keating and ....... who have I forgotten ?? And two of those, Rooney & Hodgkiss - and maybe Lee - were only one month loans. Oh ..... Sean Harrad. When did he roll in ?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Unless Clarke Osbourne had said "you're right, we intend to bulldoze plainmoor and hold a bonfire in the centre circle and throw new born babies on top of it" there are some of us who would never be happy with his replies.
The fact is this club was entirely dysfunctional and unfit for purpose when GI got its hands on it. The only hope the club has is to be exposed to a regime of strict financial discipline. The days of the Bristow's easy money and the lack of financial discipline it bred have led to this moment.
Like it or not GI are the owners and there is nothing we can do about that, that is why there are supporters who are willing to at least hope Clarke Osbourne is being sincere.
A criticism of the Dave Philips board was lack of communication, well GI have introduced a conduit for communication and people are still moaning.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 08 Apr 2017, 09:26 The fact is this club was entirely dysfunctional and unfit for purpose when GI got its hands on it. The only hope the club has is to be exposed to a regime of strict financial discipline. The days of the Bristow's easy money and the lack of financial discipline it bred have led to this moment.
Like it or not GI are the owners and there is nothing we can do about that, that is why there are supporters who are willing to at least hope Clarke Osbourne is being sincere.
A criticism of the Dave Philips board was lack of communication, well GI have introduced a conduit for communication and people are still moaning.
All of that is so; but because it's also so that the Gaming International connection was flagged up as early as January 2016 together with the involvement of Geoff Harrop; there is bound to be mistrust and suspicion simply for the reason of that lack of communication and downright censorship from the Herald Express which resulted in the facts being hidden from the public until very much later and only then were they admitted to under duress.

That results in the situation we have today and now we have claim and counter claim being leaked to social media from within the camp by seemingly warring factions all eager to protect their own income and their own backs.

This is where deception and secrecy leads. What we have today with the team getting stranded in the relegation mire once again is the inevitable product of a rotten club and a rotten circle of 'friends' around it trying to keep the truth from those who are the very reason for it's existence ~ the supporters ~ who at the end of the day are the only constant factor about it.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

GI have released two short videos in the space of 4 months. If this is intoducing a 'conduit for communication' then GI can go f#ck themselves.

Just my opinion like.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

lucy6lucy wrote: 07 Apr 2017, 21:15 . Harrop will avoid next Thursday's interview due to "illness " ,
The blokes in hospital. You make it sound like he has thrown a sickie just to get out of the interview.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 08 Apr 2017, 11:16 The blokes in hospital. You make it sound like he has thrown a sickie just to get out of the interview.
I'm led to believe that stomach ulcers may be caused by certain lifestyle factors, such as spicy foods, stress and alcohol.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

........... or the prospect of facing the music at Aldershot ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Plainmoor78, the track record of these guys speaks for itself, that's why many of us are worried.

Clarke Osborne talks a good game, but hasn't followed up any of his promises to other clubs and speedway grounds and greyhound grounds he has owned, so why would he start now?!?!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Phillips didn't want the club to go into Admin, more importantly he wanted most if not all of his investment back.

Off load McDonald, sell to GI
Money in the bank.
Job done ✅
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Terry Henry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Terry Henry »

Is it a "bad thing" to want his investment back? It's often talked about in hushed tones, whispers and innuendos that he (Phillips) was only in it for himself, but why's it wrong for him to want his money back? I am presuming he is not a man of immense wealth so, yeah, wanting to get his money back seems fine with me. (Note, I am not talking about all the other things people seem to think Phillips did wrong; I am just talking about wanting to get his money back).
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

He didn't seem too fussed that Thea gave him the club and got jack shit in return though, did he?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 08 Apr 2017, 13:39 Plainmoor78, the track record of these guys speaks for itself, that's why many of us are worried.

Clarke Osborne talks a good game, but hasn't followed up any of his promises to other clubs and speedway grounds and greyhound grounds he has owned, so why would he start now?!?!
Don't get me wrong, I'm worried too. Their track record is not good, whether by accident or design, and they obviously do not understand football (speedway does not have relegation or promotion in their leagues for instance).
But at the moment we are stuck with them and there is little if anything we can do.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Terry Henry wrote: 08 Apr 2017, 14:27 Is it a "bad thing" to want his investment back? It's often talked about in hushed tones, whispers and innuendos that he (Phillips) was only in it for himself, but why's it wrong for him to want his money back? I am presuming he is not a man of immense wealth so, yeah, wanting to get his money back seems fine with me. (Note, I am not talking about all the other things people seem to think Phillips did wrong; I am just talking about wanting to get his money back).
The problem with this argument is he wanted to get his money back despite others losing theirs because of decisions he took and mistakes he made. Nice bloke maybe, absolutely horrendous business acumen.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 08 Apr 2017, 18:11 The problem with this argument is he wanted to get his money back despite others losing theirs because of decisions he took and mistakes he made. Nice bloke maybe, absolutely horrendous business acumen.
He's a bookie, other people losing their money is his modus operandi.