TUFC TV - CLARKE OSBORNE

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

stephen breed wrote: 07 Apr 2017, 13:44 I will think on that dave anger evening last night watching that utter utter noncence top half budget you lying ........ ask yourself this if its a top half budget how are we bottom 4 it must be down to the manager hay ....
The man is obviously well versed in the art of saying a lot without actually saying anything at all.

I thought the worst part was his incessant referral to his 5 year plan, surely any kind of relegation in a 5 year plan is a huge setback? Not according to him but then he really doesn't give a shit about the playing side, the squad shows that more than clearly. History just makes us all look like plebs for even considering him as a positive for TUFC.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
stephen breed
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin
Favourite player: fowler

Post by stephen breed »

last season by hook or by crook we backed our manager with everything we had not just with our very limited funds but in the press when we where together we spoke every day we encouraged each other every day that we could get out of the position we where in.. Nico knew we had his back 1 million % I had my failings as c e o of that there is no doubt but what I did do is have an excellent relationship with the management team so did dave Phillips we acted like we where all family and that culminated in Bromley last season staying up with 2 games to go was an incredible achievement. Can the same be said now does nico have the same loyalty not a bloody prayer we head into tomorrow one of the most important in the clubs history and you have the new owner openly saying that he has a much higher budget than he actually has making him look more incompetent as the days go on. Back the man or sack him end of and start treating this man with a bit of bloody respect......
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Here here.
Dave

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

royalgull wrote: 07 Apr 2017, 14:05 You just have to look at the players on our books their lack of quality, where they've come from and the fact we only have 16 of them. It's an embarrassing comment to say we have a top half budget, i'd be amazed if there are 4 or 5 lower than us.
Agree. And the 4/5 clubs are part-time.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Southampton Gull wrote: 07 Apr 2017, 14:11
I thought the worst part was his incessant referral to his 5 year plan, surely any kind of relegation in a 5 year plan is a huge setback?
Not a setback for Osbourne in the least. The vision for the club to play in the EVO-STIK League Southern means Osbourne's financial outlay for a new D grade stadium will be minimal. Basically he will keep his promise and meet the convents by building a two-bit stadium for a Tier 7 part-time football club for approx. 1 million then having brought the Plainmoor freehold for another million will make an absolute killing on the housing development at Plainmoor. For Osbourne it wont be personal, football does not even come into it, its all about business and profit - part of the rich tapestry of life of which even a moron should be able to work out!

NATIONAL GROUND GRADING - SUMMARRY OF CATEGORY D RULES .( I wish I was making this up)

The ground must give an overall appearance and impression of being a football ground suitable for the National League System.

Must have 2 urinals or equivalent ( assume a bucket will do) and 1 WC and

At least 2 spectator entrances

Minimum capacity of 1,300 of which covered accommodation for must be for 300 of which at least 150 must be seated, (everyone else can get wet)

If possible have covered accommodation on two sides of the ground - (maybe because Directors do not like mixing with the fans)

No stand may have less than 50 seats.

Covered accommodation, must be of sound timber construction (other material may be used)

Technical area - portable boxes.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

stephen breed wrote: 07 Apr 2017, 14:16 last season by hook or by crook we backed our manager with everything we had not just with our very limited funds but in the press when we where together we spoke every day we encouraged each other every day that we could get out of the position we where in.. Nico knew we had his back 1 million % I had my failings as c e o of that there is no doubt but what I did do is have an excellent relationship with the management team so did dave Phillips we acted like we where all family and that culminated in Bromley last season staying up with 2 games to go was an incredible achievement. Can the same be said now does nico have the same loyalty not a bloody prayer we head into tomorrow one of the most important in the clubs history and you have the new owner openly saying that he has a much higher budget than he actually has making him look more incompetent as the days go on. Back the man or sack him end of and start treating this man with a bit of bloody respect......
.......... and that, in a nutshell, is why Nico's task of keeping us up this season is so much more difficult than last season. Everyone was pulling together in the same direction last season. This season they are not. Say what you will about the current players and yes, they have under-performed over the season. But they must be affected by what's going on at Board level - i.e. their employers - and they probably know more than what's being posted on here.

We're all waiting for your memoirs, Steve, to find out what really happened during the close season. You are one of the few who has come out of the chaos of TUFC with any credit. ;-)
stephen breed
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin

Post by stephen breed »

Wow tomogull that would be a good read I reckon and some story to tell I totally agree with your post if nico keeps torquay up with what has gone down you really could call him a miracle worker
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

stephen breed wrote: 07 Apr 2017, 14:16 you have the new owner openly saying that he has a much higher budget than he actually has making him look more incompetent as the days go on. Back the man or sack him end of and start treating this man with a bit of bloody respect......
As I have often said to you personally Steve; if you make yourself too cheap you get treated with disrespect and in my opinion that' what is happening with Nicholson now.

What's he gagging himself for? Is it to avoid being put on gardening leave? because if it is they have no-one else within the club to take over; Harrop is currently in hospital with stomach ulcer trouble and would anyone know Hedges if they were sat next to him? As for Herrera; don't make me laugh.

Nicholson knows he's a dead man walking and so do the players; who in turn know that they are too. I have never known a club or an area with so much fear of telling it as it is and open hostility towards those who do and in the end you reap what you sow and what is being reaped right now is relegation yet again.
Last edited by merse btpir on 07 Apr 2017, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
stephen breed
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin

Post by stephen breed »

Can't argue with a word of that merse
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

The reason he isn't arguing and therefore isn't cheap in the way you mean it, is he is in his dream job. How many other managers have seen the role as that in recent years? He has bought into the lifestyle, feels passionate about the area and the football club, he is just desperate to keep what he has. He doesn't see us as a stepping stone, he wants to hang onto his little utopia for as long as possible and no matter what degrading tasks he has to perform as our current manager. I admire the bloke, I could never be half the man he is.
Dave

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I certainly am not hoodwinked by Osborne at all. I'm not prepared to believe anything he says. Talk is cheap and it appears that he has done bugger all since he's been here to strengthen the playing side. If he has put in half a million then god knows where it has gone - he must be paying Fat Harrop a fair old wedge.

So Fat Harrops in hospital - with stomach ulcers - no doubt caused by the stress of being called "Fat".

I don't actually agree with everything that Steve Breed says either though. Yes you backed the manager - but ultimately that appears to have been with Gi's money. As for Dave Phillips doing a good job - well that's a matter of opinion as well.

Ultimately at least Osborne has provided a bus for the players to travel in so that's an improvement on the previous "regime".

As for calling Nicholson a "miracle worker" if he keeps us up - well that's tosh as well. We have lost six points to a team without a keeper and a team with ten men on the pitch.

Maybe Osborne wasn't prepared to back Nico because he didn't trust his judgement - I really havn't got a clue.

As Merse quite rightly says we don't have any other option other than Osborne at the moment so it appears that we are stuck with him.

In reality our fate looks like it might be all but sealed in the next week. Its all very depressing.
stephen breed
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin

Post by stephen breed »

I didn't use g I money Brucie for that I can guarantee
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

brucie wrote: 07 Apr 2017, 17:20 I certainly am not hoodwinked by Osborne at all.
I didn't infer that you were, if you read it again I think that's pretty clear.
Southampton Gull wrote: 07 Apr 2017, 13:28 The thing is, if a natural sceptic like "brucie" is almost prepared to believe him the less critical fan is going to be hoodwinked ..............
Dave

SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

stephen breed wrote: 07 Apr 2017, 17:24 I didn't use g I money Brucie for that I can guarantee
I don't mean this in an offensive way or attacking you in any way, indeed I think it's great you're posting on here and giving us some of the background, but if you didn't use any GI money, what was it used for? Their clearly was a need within the club for that money, thus why it was acquired and it seems to coincide very strongly with the arrival of players around January time.

....or did Dean Edwards need to upgrade to a new house ;-)
stephen breed
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin

Post by stephen breed »

Think that will be a question you will need to direct elsewhere ime afraid ding dong