TUFC TV - CLARKE OSBORNE

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

### if no freehold if council give 2 fingers..in other words bye bye club....they only care about stadia..they say that's will be for the club
..bolox it will be our new landlord.an stadia..f off OSBORNE you c***
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

westyorkshiregull....whatever your feelings no-one; but no-one wins an argument like that. That is just plain ignorance and stupidity.

Like it or lump it; Clarke Osborne owns the club and if we want the club to survive and later prosper, we and the local council need to have a dialogue with him. He won't continue to invest in the club if there is no return for him; if the club is not invested in it ceases to function then ceases to exist. Is that so hard to understand?

I'm forever being criticised for my debating style and I take that on board; but I have also in the past been involved in trade union representation on a workplace scale and believe me; that sort of attitude only leads to one thing and that is total alienation and failure to function. Take heed!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

QFTC Clarke Osborne 06/04/17

Official TUFC

[youtube]zR0FgeUw6_U[/youtube]

westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Ok merse , understood mate and was my initial reaction.
Been on a day off and been red wine flowed.

What avenues do we have merse with the freehold of ground. What if they plainly don't sell
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

The FIRST question about no signings, my god what a load of waffle bullshit.

The bloke is a joke.

Question 2 - Nicho ultimatum - didnt answer it - thats a yes then
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Was a bit around the houses...same with conditions on nicho contract.. .waffle instead of answers...wasted less of my time if he simply said no comment
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

1/2 million quid invested on top of all of our Revenue streams!
Equating to a top 1/2 budget!

Producing 8 players coming in, leaving us fighting relegation with no strengthening of the squad and no backup keeper at this critical time.

The 5 year plan that is already talking relegation whilst the Director is attempting to secure the ownership of Plainmoor.
This stinks of yet another owner who is going to drag this club deeper into the mire!

I hope this 5 year plan budgets for a 30% drop in revenue streams or these new board members are going to need deep pockets!

My initial thought is:

Please Mr Councillor don't sell the ground to RSL, let us go into Administration and the supporters can sort it from there.
Thank you
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Just some things I've noted that Osborne stated in the interview.

No clear answer as to why no signings were made. Basically things didn't fall into place, thought it was a very weak answer.

Apparently we have a budget that is within the top half of the this division, that has been increased according to Osborne. This seems to have changed dramatically from what the last board told us. If I remember right our budget last season was certainly one of the lowest in the league.

There was no denial of any change to Nicholson's contractual status if any signings had been made. Osborne refused to discuss contractual arrangements on air.

Very important that we're not relegated but it's not a catastrophe, it will not alter the grand five year plan. I imagine that most of us don't share that feeling.

There were a lot of skeletons in the cupboard when GI arrived, some of which were surprising. Things GI didn't expect, didn't expand on this.

Our head of recruitment has three roles: 1) Analysing the opposition and talking with Nicholson. 2) Finding players, he has contacts and experience apparently. Clearly the benefits of this haven't yet been seen. 3) Developing the youth system.

Stressed the importance of a local board, on track to achieving this by the end of the season but this has been put on the back burner for the time being.

GI need the freehold because owning the ground underpins the investment that they are going to make in the ground. This was really it, he didn't spend much time on it.

Apparently the council should sell the freehold because they should want investment in Torquay. If they don't sell the freehold, then GI will "have to look again". Sounds ominous to me.

GI pulled out originally because the previous board said that there was another group interested in buying the club. The alternative to GI buying the club was administration.

Investment by the end of the season will have topped £500,000.

A new stadium has to be in place before the club leaves Plainmoor.

That was it. In light of his admission that GI have invested so much at this point, it makes the lack of signings even more strange. If the council do refuse GI the freehold then things could get very messy with GI just pulling out. Osborne placed a lot of hope in getting the freehold.

Geoff Harrop's up next week. Let's all send in as many questions as we can.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

16 mins in and I don't think I can watch this to the end and believe a word.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

kevgull wrote: 06 Apr 2017, 21:04
The 5 year plan that is already talking relegation whilst the Director is attempting to secure the ownership of Plainmoor.
Kevgull don't be so negative - as Clarke Osborne says 'just another run on the ladder' So National League South next season and just another 2 runs on the ladder for us to gain EVO-STIK League Southern status in time for the initial foundations of the housing development to be laid on the hallow ground of Plainmoor. So GI's 5 year plan is working! I'm putting my name down for the Penthouse Suite to be built on the 'Popside'.
stephen breed
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin
Favourite player: fowler

Post by stephen breed »

Simple answer to watching that disgrace and you know it how about go one on one with me in an interview fella go.on Clarke let me.interview you
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

I actually feel sorry that this tosser has prob gone knee deep and is now realising it
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

stephen breed wrote: 06 Apr 2017, 21:33 Simple answer to watching that disgrace and you know it how about go one on one with me in an interview fella go.on Clarke let me.interview you
YES! :-D
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

stephen breed wrote: 06 Apr 2017, 21:33 Simple answer to watching that disgrace and you know it how about go one on one with me in an interview fella go.on Clarke let me.interview you
Spell it out Steve. What do you mean?
Royalmgull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Royalmgull »

Mr Osborne is all we have , so just have to take what he says at face value . I for one was ready too join any protest against GI , but now feel he at least deserves the chance to prove what he says is the truth ...... Let's try and back him and the club until proven otherwise :scarf: