TUFC on ITV Westcountry (Video on Page 4)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Jeez Dutchgull, that's not funny, it places you out there with Mr Blofeld, or somebody. Obviously there are a few admirable exceptions, but for the most part, the BBC and indeed of the rest of the media have been systemically infiltrated by treacherous Quislings, obvious nut-cases and Marxist-feminist PC liberal 'social justice warriors', and the nation is in peril. ITV Westcountry may be our only hope to save Torquay United. Please God they've also done an expose on Plymouth University's Student Union.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Gullscorer wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 15:23 Jeez Dutchgull, that's not funny, it places you out there with Mr Blofeld, or somebody. Obviously there are a few admirable exceptions, but for the most part, the BBC and indeed of the rest of the media have been systemically infiltrated by treacherous Quislings, obvious nut-cases and Marxist-feminist PC liberal 'social justice warriors', and the nation is in peril. ITV Westcountry may be our only hope to save Torquay United. Please God they've also done an expose on Plymouth University's Student Union.
Can we keep this sort of stuff to the Popside please?
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

By all means Jerry. Sorry for the distraction.

All I will say is I find it strange that people think the media especially the BBC is left wing. They obviously have not watched it for many a year. !!

:lol: :lol:

I would love to think that Westcountry have done an in depth investigation on GI, there motives for being involved with TUFC and their history with other clubs but the article will not last longer than 30 seconds so I don't expect much.

At least Geoff Welch tries which is more than can be said for our "friends" at the HE !
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

Dutchgull wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 15:45 By all means Jerry. Sorry for the distraction.

All I will say is I find it strange that people think the media especially the BBC is left wing. They obviously have not watched it for many a year. !!

I would love to think that Westcountry have done an in depth investigation on GI, there motives for being involved with TUFC and their history with other clubs but the article will not last longer than 30 seconds so I don't expect much.

At least Geoff Welch tries which is more than can be said for our "friends" at the HE !
Dutchgull wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 15:45 By all means Jerry. Sorry for the distraction.

At least we agree they are not impartial as they say they are, even if we do have opposite perspectives.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

We agree on that point !!
Wraysburygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Welsh

Post by Wraysburygull »

Blimey, Osborne taking questions from fans !! See web site
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Dutchgull wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 15:51 We agree on that point !!
Find your safespace !!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

The thing is for 30 seconds TUST are going to get a chance to put their viewpoint to a wider audience. It may be a bit late in the day but at least it is something.
I will interested to hear the mayor, we might get an idea of whether or not he will sell plainmoor.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Wraysburygull wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 16:04 Blimey, Osborne taking questions from fans !! See web site
emailed

"Hi,

I'd be grateful if the below questions could be addressed. I'd imagine most fans will have questions of the same nature, with that in mind, i'd be shocked if there is no content answering something along the line of what I'm asking below.

1. Why was the squad not strengthened whilst we enter in to the latter stages of another relegation battle. It has been leaked that KN had targets who were willing to come to the club.

2. There is a lot of distrust amongst the fanbase as to GI's true intentions for the club, the general sentiment is that GI wish to obtain the freehold of the land, whilst running the playing side into the ground, ie, relegation etc. In a perfect world, TUFC are promoted back to the league, we get a new stadium, fit to sustain a real ambition to develop and establish in League 1, and push for promotion from there to the Championship. But we all know we don't live in an ideal world and money is king, what can you say to solidly reduce the current distrust?

3. What happens if the council decide not to sell the ground to GI?"
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Blimey we are wrong about osborne he wants to engage with us and is going shut us all up
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I think westlondon's questions pretty much sum up everything we want to know. So there should be no excuse for these , or similar questions, not to be answered by Mr Osbourne.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

WestLondonYellow wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 17:36 emailed

"Hi,

I'd be grateful if the below questions could be addressed. I'd imagine most fans will have questions of the same nature, with that in mind, i'd be shocked if there is no content answering something along the line of what I'm asking below.

1. Why was the squad not strengthened whilst we enter in to the latter stages of another relegation battle. It has been leaked that KN had targets who were willing to come to the club.

2. There is a lot of distrust amongst the fanbase as to GI's true intentions for the club, the general sentiment is that GI wish to obtain the freehold of the land, whilst running the playing side into the ground, ie, relegation etc. In a perfect world, TUFC are promoted back to the league, we get a new stadium, fit to sustain a real ambition to develop and establish in League 1, and push for promotion from there to the Championship. But we all know we don't live in an ideal world and money is king, what can you say to solidly reduce the current distrust?

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Clarke Osborne strikes me as a typical politician. He'll sound as if he's answering the question but doing nothing of the sort. This latest idea seems like a publicity exercise to counteract all the negative views on the various forums.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

WestLondonYellow wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 17:36 emailed

"Hi,

I asked those first three questions to further emphasise them and added a further two (although I think stable L1 is our absolute peak potential). If he's going to answer questions, might as well take advantage of it to make him aware of the fanbase's views, that we're not going to be taken for a ride and to try and squeeze some more info out of him, even if he'll probably just answer in vague business speak.

My other two questions were:

1. Why has GI failed to have stadiums built in Swindon, Milton Keynes and Reading (Speedway), had an aborted run at a stadium in Bristol and evicted Bristol Rovers from their stadium in the late 80s, almost killing the club in the process, rather than working with them to help them through their problems? Why should the fans have confidence in GI delivering a new stadium for Torquay United given their past track record?

2. I think a large number of fans recognise that relocation to a new stadium holds potential for the Gulls, the unlocking of new revenue streams though assets such as conferencing facilities, attached sporting facilities for hire, concerts, an on site high quality bar or restaurant, housing development on the same site etc. Many semi-pro teams in the National League survive and even surpass Torquay United thanks to these facilities despite having smaller average attendances, closer to home Exeter Chiefs are a fantastic example of how a move to a new stadium with greater revenue streams can turn around a club around. This all makes sense when it is the club that is benefiting from these incomes streams. My question for you Clarke Osborne, is how will this benefit Torquay United if GI takes the profit from these ancillary revenue streams to recoup it's investment and Torquay United is turned into a rent paying anchor tenant, seeing none of the benefit from the new stadium and losing it's preferential rental agreement with Torbay Council?
Last edited by SenorDingDong on 30 Mar 2017, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

nickbrod wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 18:42 Clarke Osborne strikes me as a typical politician. He'll sound as if he's answering the question but doing nothing of the sort. This latest idea seems like a publicity exercise to counteract all the negative views on the various forums.
I agree, it will be smokescreens and mirrors. Which is why i emphasised in my pasted email above, that many would be asking the same questions and to provide a "solid" response to reduce the current distrust. (he'll still find a wriggly answer though)