TUFC on ITV Westcountry (Video on Page 4)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Soupdragon wrote: 01 Apr 2017, 11:05 Perfectly true; the contact with 'the council' will have been through Kevin Mowatt, and Liam Montgomery of the Torbay Development Agency (which is an 'arm's length' subsidiary of the council, ie; it's all still paid for by yours and my tax).

For those who like to read things into things, it may interest you to know that the interview with the mayor was sought to talk about the Tall Ships coming to the Bay this year; the question about GI/TUFC was just tacked onto the end of that.
So if the mayor hasn't met with GI, the future on plainmoor rests entirely on what Kevin Mowat tells him I guess. I understand Mowat is a supporter so that may help us.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

MellowYellow wrote: 31 Mar 2017, 19:51 Kevgull - Care to give a summary on the report and why it would shake a few feathers? No everyone will have seen it.
Dave Philips was also featured and said that if GI had not stepped in then we would have been in administration with a ten point deduction and certain relegation.
However Geoff Welsh sounded genuinely frustrated about GI refusing to speak with him.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

That would have only been the scenario if there weren't other options being conveniently ignored. That loan enabled the then current directors to retain their seats on the board.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 01 Apr 2017, 13:17 That would have only been the scenario if there weren't other options being conveniently ignored. That loan enabled the then current directors to retain their seats on the board.
If GI pulled out now, is there a chance that any of those alterrnative owners would still be interested?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

......and it also precluded any other scenario than the one that the club is currently entrapped in.

I tried without success to wake people up to the fact that there were other options this season immediately before GI stepped in and claimed their co-lateral without saying whether they were good ones or not. Nevertheless, the Herald Express were also made aware of them but true to form kept quiet and it's all under the say so of Pete Masters in my opinion who has never bought into the theory of supporters being the all important stakeholders with a right to know what the options are and what their board of directors are faced with.

Who knows whether they would be interested; the situation was badly handled by an under pressure chairman who had much personally to lose.
Last edited by merse btpir on 01 Apr 2017, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Peter Masters talked GI into the deal against their better judgement. That is why they come across as reluctant owners.
I think they are keeping the seat warm for Masters to take over when he finishes at Truro City.
Am I mad?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

portugull wrote: 01 Apr 2017, 13:37 I think they are keeping the seat warm for Masters to take over when he finishes at Truro City. Am I mad?
Not at all; I've long held that possibility in my mind.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

portugull wrote: 01 Apr 2017, 13:37 Peter Masters talked GI into the deal against their better judgement. That is why they come across as reluctant owners.
I think they are keeping the seat warm for Masters to take over when he finishes at Truro City.
Am I mad?
No you're not. At one point I saw him as the only logical option, when it was being suggested there might be a landswap between silverbow and plainmoor. Something has obviously **** up GI plans, now I don't know what but given that silverbow may not now happen I wonder if that is the cause.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

merse btpir wrote: 01 Apr 2017, 13:33 ......and it also precluded any other scenario than the one that the club is currently entrapped in.

I tried without success to wake people up to the fact that there were other options this season immediately before GI stepped in and claimed their co-lateral without saying whether they were good ones or not. Nevertheless, the Herald Express were also made aware of them but true to form kept quiet and it's all under the say so of Pete Masters in my opinion who has never bought into the theory of supporters being the all important stakeholders with a right to know what the options are and what their board of directors are faced with.

Who knows whether they would be interested; the situation was badly handled by an under pressure chairman who had much personally to lose.
I was trying to do the same. That was a lonely task at the time.......
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote: 01 Apr 2017, 14:21 I was trying to do the same. That was a lonely task at the time.......
I believed you Dave. :)

.....for a change!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

ACW2IOW
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by ACW2IOW »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 01 Apr 2017, 13:45 No you're not. At one point I saw him as the only logical option, when it was being suggested there might be a landswap between silverbow and plainmoor. Something has obviously **** up GI plans, now I don't know what but given that silverbow may not now happen I wonder if that is the cause.
The Silver Bow fiasco has been caused mainly by Helical's failure to push reserved matters approval through and their inability to attract tenants to their proposed development at Treyew Road. There is, therefore, a very slim chance this will ever go ahead.
Wraysburygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Welsh

Post by Wraysburygull »

Jeff Stelling just gave the TUFC situation a mention on Sky Sports. Just a few lines about KN and fact that Board are not being transparent .
GullatPlainmoor
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by GullatPlainmoor »

I think I recall Jeff Stelling just saying that the board didn't sign any players before transfer deadline day despite being in the relegation zone...or something like that.
It can only help our cause, football fans countrywide would think it disgusting. GI just don't get the ethos behind football and its supporters ..but they don't care anyway
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Link to YouTube video of the piece on Westcountry on Friday 31 March

Please download and disseminate.

[youtube]xJiuYRwS3b0[/youtube]

:scarf:
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Thanks for sharing that gullpower! Good job ITV!
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest