The truth is out should Nicholson be sacked

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Yes
6%
No
94%

Total votes: 66

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

My original topic on this, ended with 453 votes, with 68% wanting him sacked. However, with all the negative news/rumours coming from TQ1. I feel a re-vote is needed as I feel I got my vote/poll wrong, just like Scotland towards Brexit. Us fans have been let down and in my opinion the only person smelling of roses is Nicholson. All he wants is success for torquay, GI have shafted him good and proper, harrop can bugger off.
Lucy
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Hands up I was one of the previous yes voters based on performances that has just voted no this time round. Come on Nicho keep us up and in business.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Hands up twice...feel bit asahmed now but sorry kev didn't really look at full picture.. ..lets make this forum fully behind him

I'm now fully behind him and team...cant bloody wait till next game and lets show our support to kev
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Thanks Lucy - already a 100% No's.

Nicho has shown his true colours in a time of great tribulation. He is 100% Yellow, committed to the cause. leading from the front and showing courage in the face of adversity. I challenge anyone to name one manager (worth his salt) who would apply for the Torquay mangers job given what we now know.

I hope this Saturday we hear "Nicho's Yellow Army" reverberate around the ground to show our support for him and the team and direct our venom to the Snake! Public Enemy No 1 -Clarke Osbourne and Henchman Harrop alias 'The Fat One'! So “Stand up if you hate Osbourne'!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

MellowYellow wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 00:17 Thanks Lucy - already a 100% No's.

Nicho has shown his true colours in a time of great tribulation. He is 100% Yellow, committed to the cause. leading from the front and showing courage in the face of adversity. I challenge anyone to name one manager (worth his salt) who would apply for the Torquay mangers job given what we now know.

I hope this Saturday we hear "Nicho's Yellow Army" reverberate around the ground to show our support for him and the team and direct our venom to the Snake! Public Enemy No 1 -Clarke Osbourne and Henchman Harrop alias 'The Fat One'! So “Stand up if you hate Osbourne'!
2nd all that mate
I'm coming down myself Friday night and going with my dad who bless him is now 77 and is better sitting down these days. But I will prob head into the popside and yes lets totally sing and shout support kev and also direct how we feel against these pair of snakes

Bet osborne won't be there or jelly belly
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

No way should he be sacked. He's been getting actively undermined from within.
TUST member 203
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

I voted no last time and I haven't changed my mind. We should either stay up or go down with Nicho - to sack him would cost thousands and take yet more money out of what is likely to be a meagre enough playing budget next season.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

Someone has voted yes. Please say why whoever you are.

merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

I never 'do' polls so didn't engage with either the last or this one.....

However; he still feel he should have been replaced but not at this moment in time because to do so now would be plain stupidity.

The plain facts are though that none of this squad are fit for purpose; the display (even in victory) at Solihull produced only the third win in eighteen matches is it? The whole game was an embarrassment of technical incompetence and struggle to overcome a lightweight, youthful (yes Kev, youthful) low budget part-time side and the difference between the two protagonists was wafer thin.

That's neither good enough for a club of this stature nor acceptable, and there must be a wholesale clear out and restarting of things whether relegation occurs (and it could well still do) in a few weeks time or not.

It could now be that Nicholson has at last the experience he so patently lacked when he was scandalously gifted the job by Dave Phillips and his silent table of pensioners; so if he survives ~ which I'm sure he won't under this ownership ~ he needs a fit for purpose coach who can do the same job that Keith Bertschin was doing beside the youthful Liam McDonald the other night for Solihull.

If we go down we need a manager who knows that league; if we stay up it has to be one that knows this league!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Louis wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 08:42 Someone has voted yes. Please say why whoever you are.
I haven't voted, but your post sounds like intimidation.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 09:17 I haven't voted, but your post sounds like intimidation.
Not at all, I want to understand why that's all.

Charley the Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Richards

Post by Charley the Gull »

What's the point in sacking Nicho? We're so late in the season any change is liable to cause major problems and I genuinely think he has tried his very best to get the team going. I am sure his heart is in the Club and you just need to see his reaction lately, shows he is fully committed. Finally the team seem to have found that wish to stay up and so are giving their all as well as having more sense as to tactics (Eastleigh excepted). Agree with all the comments that Nicho needs our backing as he is the key man to chose the right team, hammer home the gameplan and keep them motivated on the field. Time for the team to show they have that desire to fight on and for us to back them noisily with our support.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Intimidation is good! I voted NO.
Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

Excellent post Merse I agree with every word.
Louis: That is an arrogant request to ask the person who voted Yes to come forward. (I haven't voted incidentally in case you think it was me). Everyone is entitled to their view in privacy if that is their wish.
Royalmgull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Royalmgull »

No tufc though and though . Still got a lot to learn and I think he would admit this himself. I believe he is trying all he can even with both arms tied behind his back . Hope as a club we will still be here next season and nico in charge :keepie: P.s . Being of the older generation and not as able as I used be I would like to see all those thinking of protesting on Saturday doing just that . This would not have happened 30 years ago , fans would have made sure of it . ( time to stand up and be counted )