The truth is out should Nicholson be sacked

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

The truth is out should Nicholson be sacked

Yes
6%
No
94%

Total votes: 66

merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

tomogull wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 15:16 I take a very different view - more in line with most of the posts since yours. A statement put forward arrogantly as 'plain fact' (not an opinion) that 'none of this squad are fit for purpose' is, in my opinion, utter rubbish. Also 'a wholsale clear out and re-starting of things' is equally daft. Yeah, right - and are GI likely to provide backing for a complete re-start? No !!!
That's your opinion ~ here is another FACT ~ not one player is contracted beyond the end of April. This is quite common in non league football and means that no wages need to be paid out until the start of next pre-season; so it costs no more to engage new players than retain the old ones........actually it saves money because if they are re-engaged now then wages will be payable through the close season.

So it's not 'daft' to talk of a wholesale clearout and re-start and that more than likely will be the case when this manager is dispensed with which I am sure is the owner's intention.

Don't let your personal dislike of me affect your judgement like that ~ it was the personal fondness of this manager that lead to the previous chairman and fellow directors engage him in the first place and as I said before liking someone should have nothing to do with it.
Last edited by merse btpir on 30 Mar 2017, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

How can you say SG that I was attacking him personally? I said his request was arrogant - no suggestion that he is arrogant.
We are all guilty of wording things badly and this request did look dictatorial.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It was an innocent request with innocent intentions, nothing like arrogant at all.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Anyhow, back on topic and it's pleasing to see conclusive support for the manager. Siege mentality is the best weapon we have at our disposal now.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 18:48 Actually I think it's you that was showing a distinct lack of tolerance, Louis was totally innocent of the accusations you levelled against him whereas you were attacking him personally and deliberately.

I have no problem with anyone talking to me in a plain and forceful manner, that's how I am.

Haha Dave S G the Rottweiller of the forum. lol hehahahahroflmao :lol: :O :whip: :whistle: :rofl: :na:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Interesting comments from Nicho on the BBC football site this evening! Just find 'Torquay United' under 'All teams' and read on.........(not sure how to put links on to this forum - Jurassic computer skills!)
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

budegull1954 wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 21:07 Interesting comments from Nicho on the BBC football site this evening! Just find 'Torquay United' under 'All teams' and read on.........(not sure how to put links on to this forum - Jurassic computer skills!)
There you go! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39448924 :)

Copy of the actual bbc page:
Torquay United boss Kevin Nicholson has called on the club's owners to be "more transparent" and quash speculation about their motives at Plainmoor.

Gaming International bought the club in December, with chairman Clarke Osborne keen to buy the freehold of the ground.

"They've got to show with their actions, not just words, they're in it for the real reasons," Nicholson said.

"I think they need to come out and build a relationship with the fans because rumours are a dangerous thing."

Earlier this month, Nicholson, whose team are two points above the National League relegation zone, said he had been given funds to strengthen his squad, but he did not bring any players in before the deadline on 23 March.

Osborne, who is yet to speak to the media since taking over, has brought Geoff Harrop in as general manager to help Nicholson.

"There's a huge amount of rumour and stuff with them [the owners] and I do think that they need to step in and have a chat with the fans and be more transparent, and let them know what's going on," Nicholson added to BBC Sport.

"I can't lie. I can't make anything up. I've had 12 months of rumour rammed down my throat about Geoff Harrop and what he's going to bring, what he's not going to bring and what his motives are.

"All I can say is that since he's been in I've met with him virtually daily and we've had positive discussions about the future of the club.

"I can't come out and say we're best mates, but I can say that we've got a strong working relationship that will only get stronger as I learn what he's about."
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

That is not exactly vote of confidence in the new owners from Nico.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Quite diplomatic actually ..even about Harrop that's a calm way to say they don't get along but try to be professional ...

Well done nicho mate I'm shouting for you Saturday and going roar our boys to win
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Nicely worded response targeted at the casual footballing reader. 😉
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

"I can't lie. I can't make anything up" ... "I can't come out and say we're best mates" re: Harrop

Lovin it!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Regarding This on line questionnaire bullshit. The one word (ok 3)in the whole statement says enough for me "YOUR FOOTBALL CLUB". As an owner it, we are all in it together, it in my opinion should have read "OUR FOOTBALL CLUB ". The language tone suggests they are so out of touch, it's embarrassing. FFS Torbay council can you not see what is happening.
Lucy
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Already mentioned and talked about here:

http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.ph ... f&start=45
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

lucy6lucy wrote: 31 Mar 2017, 03:27 Regarding This on line questionnaire bullshit. The one word (ok 3)in the whole statement says enough for me "YOUR FOOTBALL CLUB". As an owner it, we are all in it together, it in my opinion should have read "OUR FOOTBALL CLUB ". The language tone suggests they are so out of touch, it's embarrassing. FFS Torbay council can you not see what is happening.
Very good point, well spotted.