The truth is out should Nicholson be sacked

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

The truth is out should Nicholson be sacked

Yes
6%
No
94%

Total votes: 66

westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Maybe it's the manager in waiting.....

Let's cheer kev and boys on Saturday I've never felt so pumped up we can surely become the 12th man

Will osborne or Harrop be there saturday
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

It has been clearly shown, and everybody must surely know for certain by now, that Nicholson was not given a fair and level playing field and his goalposts were moved time after time. It has been those owning and running the club, both the present regime and its predecessor, who have been entirely responsible for the current state of affairs, and it is they, not Nicholson, who should be replaced at the earliest possible opportunity and consigned to the dustbin of football history. It would be pointless to sack Nicholson now. Give him the backing, the investment, and the tools to do the job, which most other managers have been given, and let him get on with it. And see what happens. If the present owners do this, please ensure I'm sitting down before giving me the news..
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Nicho is one of the best things about this club as it currently stands!!

Let's get real Merse, you're only as good as your players. He showed at the end of last season he can build a half decent side with a little backing.

He ain't perfect by any stretch, but unlike our new owners, he loves the club.

#Torquaytilwedie #****
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Sesimbra wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 11:28 Excellent post Merse I agree with every word.
Louis: That is an arrogant request to ask the person who voted Yes to come forward. (I haven't voted incidentally in case you think it was me). Everyone is entitled to their view in privacy if that is their wish.
If that's arrogant then I'd say get out more.

I said please explain why. That is a polite ask to get an understanding of the vote with the new facts brought to light not a command, they don't have to do as I've asked so can remain private if they wish. :-/
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 09:17 I haven't voted, but your post sounds like intimidation.
How the hell did you come to that conclusion? My God some people are precious.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Sesimbra wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 11:28 Excellent post Merse I agree with every word.
Louis: That is an arrogant request to ask the person who voted Yes to come forward. (I haven't voted incidentally in case you think it was me). Everyone is entitled to their view in privacy if that is their wish.
Your reply is the only sense of arrogance I can see in this. Louis is totally not the type to want to know for anything other than curiosity and that's how it looks to me. Does the voter have the right to anonymity? Yes, just as much as Louis has the right to ask.................. and ask he did, politely. Much more polite than your misinterpretation of his post.
Dave

westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I would be interested but only being nosy really.

I'm happy to explain why I voted no

Only person at club who wears heart on sleeve
Wants to please the supporters
Wants best for club
Lives in bay and embraces it
Arguably he is learning and getting better
Doing his best with zip all help
Says sorry for mistakes
Trying his best
# I know its a results basis and peformaces not all been that great and these wouldn't be reasons to appoint some one in the first place but we need a united front now in front of gi and co. of course with backing if nicho failed then it would have to be considered. But what backing has he had....1 goalie and what 16 players...complete shit and actually who else could do better.
I'm determined now for next 6 games to be united with nicholson to starve off relegation and don't dare gi or associated people take any bloody credit when we do
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I voted no for the same reasons as I voted no last time. I'm still convinced that with a sensible budget and left to do just his job and not a whole host of other roles at the club he could perform the job successfully.
Dave

merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

jono_Gull209 wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 12:08 Let's get real Merse, you're only as good as your players. He showed at the end of last season he can build a half decent side with a little backing.
Am I not being 'real'?

I have observed what I saw on Tuesday, I like the guy; appreciate where he's coming from and the limitations placed on him by his employers and also acknowledged that he might have the experience now he patently didn't have when he got the job.

I also said:
"if he survives ~ which I'm sure he won't under this ownership ~ he needs a fit for purpose coach who can do the same job that Keith Bertschin was doing beside the youthful Liam McDonald the other night for Solihull."

.....And I repeat: If we go down we need a manager who knows that league; if we stay up it has to be one that knows this league! Make of that what you will

.....is that not being real?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Knowing your standpoint from a while ago I would say that's a fair response. Definitely real in my book.
Dave

merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

You have to be real in these instances Dave; situations change by the week and liking is nothing to do with reasoned decision making ~ and although I appreciate money was tight at the time ~ to appoint him as a Player Manager at the time? No, in my opinion that was an error of judgement!

An assistant player-manager , maybe; but we do need that hard-bitten experience within the management even now and certainly will next season especially if we go down.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

[quote=Sesimbra post_id=202606 time=1490869701 user_id=5362]
Excellent post Merse I agree with every word. [/quote)

I take a very different view - more in line with most of the posts since yours. A statement put forward arrogantly as 'plain fact' (not an opinion) that 'none of this squad are fit for purpose' is, in my opinion, utter rubbish. Also 'a wholsale clear out and re-starting of things' is equally daft. Yeah, right - and are GI likely to provide backing for a complete re-start? No !!!

The pundits last season described Leicester as a 'team that was better than its individual players'. My view is that Torquay this season is a team worse than its individual players. Even with everything that is going on off the field, the team should not be struggling against relegation. As Forever posted some weeks ago, the players are under-performing. Obviously, some players will not have their contracts extended after the end of the season but my belief is that with the addition of two or three players in the right positions, we could start to move forward. For a start, our top scorer has managed just six goals so far. That's an obvious weakness in the side. We also need someone with some authority on the pitch. Neither Courtenay Richards or Aman Verma are vocal enough as captains, and I couldn't believe that the captain's arm band was handed to Damon Lathrope (about the quietest player in the team !) last Tuesday night when Verma was substituted. Arran Racine, I think, could have filled the captain's role admirably.

I would hope that (a) Nicho will be allowed a fair budget during the close season and (b) that he is given until Christmas to prove that he is a capable manager. Do I think either will happen? Sadly, no.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Louis wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 09:44 Not at all, I want to understand why that's all.
I believe it to be a rather portly man who often wears a cravat and sometimes is seen around Plainmoor. A source said he is Osbourne's henchman who has it in for Nicho.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 14:13 ~ he needs a fit for purpose coach who can do the same job that Keith Bertschin was doing beside the youthful Liam McDonald the other night for Solihull."[/i]

And I repeat: If we go down we need a manager who knows that league; if we stay up it has to be one that knows this league! Make of that what you will[/b]

On a level playing field your most probably right! But I think many are beginning to sympathise with Nicho's predicament.

What would be real is getting the recruitment manager to do something for his pay packet - like hire Bertschin

Having worked under possibly the worst Board of Director seen in the Conference League and now working under a Dictator ... sorry mean sole director and Chairman, I would have thought Nicho has now more experience than most in this league and the one below. At least he will never be short of work - every club need at some point an escape artist and Nicho is rapidly becoming the Houdini of the Conference League.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 13:23 How the hell did you come to that conclusion? My God some people are precious.
It looks intimidating because under Louis's name is a bloody big red sign that says administrator. Now I don't know Louis from Adam and he may be a perfectly nice guy, but that post gives the impression that he is policing the forum.