april 2017 our biggest month ever??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

april 2017 our biggest month ever??

Post by bixieupnorth »

well after an up and down month, two wins, two draws and two very disappointing defeats, we arrive on saturday into april 2017, possibly the biggest single month in the whole of our history!
six games to negotiate, we just need to do better than woking (should do) and york (looks a bit more difficult), and we're staying up! and the thorny issue of that council meeting! although i'd love us to stay at plainmoor, personally i think the council should probably agree to selling the freehold, but do not transfer it until the new ground is built and open, and to ensure that future rents are set a manageable level, dependent on which division we are in year by year. that would ensure that the responsibility is entirely GI's, if the ground never gets built, then the town keeps plainmoor, that should be the be all and end all, they need to look at truro city and see that the agreement isnt worth the paper its printed on, unscrupulous business people can wriggle out of any situation!

anyway, on to the pitch, six games, three at home, three away. the three home games all look very winnable, but then again so did guiseley and sutton and we know what happened there!! two wins and a draw would be acceptable i guess? the away games all look horrendous, aldershot, lincoln and dover, ouch! one draw perhaps, but you just never know with TUFC, we often get a result where we were least expecting it! this month is gonna be a roller coaster ride thats for sure! i'll make it to lincoln and i guess i'll head down for the last game if we're still valid!

fingers crossed and strap yourselves in, its gonna be a bumpy ride!!

yellow army!!
still keeping the faith
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Kind of irrelevant though, isn't it? If we beat the drop, what happens next season? If GI are hell-bent on running the club down we'll just get relegated in a year from now.

Sorry to come across all negative - obviously I want us to stay up but until I see some actual intent from GI it would just feel like it's prolonging the agony
Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Mo Gull »

This reply sums it up at the moment. No one cares about the great win last night, or a massive month for our team on the pitch. People are just focusing on GI off the pitch. The point that you're worried about GI is because they might ruin our FOOTBALL club. Well YOUR football club needs your support right now. Saying 'what's the point in caring because GI might run us out next season' is just nuts. The team are showing real fight to stay up, and it's motivating to see. Not being part of that is not being a fan.