Club Update

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

A masterclass of saying nothing.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Again what do we know more now we didn't before apart from a questionnaire at Easter!!

This guy and his sidekick must think we were born yesterday

What I want too see is passion and a determination to make this club proud to our supporters

I don't want to leave plainmoor and can't empathize enough what a private landlord like gi will be like. We have long lease with council and protection to a degree. Not with gi it will be all about pound shilling and pence. Any success will never be recycled.
Not a ounce of support for kev and to be fair they all trying that bit harder and I'm supporting kev and boys now in this run in.

It's insulting from osborne and his popular sidekick
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

So far we havn't heard a word from Osborne about the matter of prime importance - ie keeping us in this league. Actions speak louder than words and his refusal to support the manager in terms of any signings last week said it all.

No doubt if we do stay up against all the odds it we will have Harrop and Co claiming the credit.

Its all absolute bullshit.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 29 Mar 2017, 12:05 I don't want to leave plainmoor and can't empathize enough what a private landlord like gi will be like. We have long lease with council and protection to a degree.
69 years left on the Plainmoor lease.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Plenty
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

69 years to find a buyer that will be a new stadium for all the right reasons.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

We are going to have a bloody long wait for this 5 year plan to be revealed, if ever at all.
This is just a written version of the You Tube interview.
It says **** all.
He's still under the impression he's dealing with a bunch of Devon Dumplings.
He certainly hasn't a clue what football is.
**** off Osborne and take Fat Slug Harrop with you.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

3rd time I've heard this now.

Can't wait till the fans forum to hear it a 4th time.

Missing from this statement is an explanation as to why when the squad is so thin no new players were signed before the transfer deadline.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

67 Years on lease is from 1948 through to 2017 effectively

Plenty of time for history to be made good, bad and indifferent. Plenty of time to source a longer lease and keep our ground tied in with the local community and owned by our local council.

Will we be here run by grotty gi and co in 67 years at our ' new stadia ' ???

Even 3 years ????

Doubt it

Let's keep the fight going to stay at plainmoor and keep repeating our roller coaster history and not kill it !!!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

brucie wrote: 29 Mar 2017, 12:45 So far we haven't heard a word from Osborne about the matter of prime importance - ie keeping us in this league. Actions speak louder than words and his refusal to support the manager in terms of any signings last week said it all.

Its all absolute bullshit.
:goodpost:
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

They know full well that the fans are very anti GI acquiring the freehold (unless we're given damn good evidence it's a good deal) and yet one of the things focused upon in that update is...ongoing efforts to buy the freehold, while football isn't mentioned once. Tone deaf isn't the half of it.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

What a pathetic "club update ". At the moment plainmoor, fans forum, internal issues, on line questionnaire don't sell. We are in the biggest battle in the clubs history fighting the relegation of ALL relegation. What would have been handy last week was to see some player recruitment to see us over the line. Now you have shafted your club manager and fans, you're a prick for that. I know your reading this forum, as does harrop and your experienced recruitment manager, you should hang yourselves in shame. I will end with the quote from Saturdays game at Wrexham from Paul bastard "don't you ever come to Torquay on holiday linesman ". * edit linesman to you
Lucy
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Do they think we are fools

They have had so much chance to give the fans some optimism and some backing to team and manager.
Wraysburygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Welsh

Post by Wraysburygull »

I've been in the camp of hoping GI would step up, but I was wrong . Whilst I get to some away games, home games are infrequent .Theres been talk on here if action on Saturday . Is anything being co-ordinated ? It would make more sense if it was.Mind you, if GI do read these threads, perhaps best to keep our powder dry.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I hope there is little chance of GI being around in 5 months let alone 5 years. Their public actions are minimal their private actions as reported have totally disgusted us all. To be honest if I was the Mayor I would run a mile rather than have any association with them whatsoever . The guy is the Mayor because in his own way he wants to help people - he will surely be forming his own view on the wisdom of working with them and the almost non outcomes of doing so. . Yes I realise if GI are not there we will struggle massively but I would much rather that and have the ground to allow the club to rebuild from than have them trying to convince on what will in the end prove ( like the supposed new players) be a twisted pile of deliberate non actions interwoven with their sole intention- a land snatch.