Gates of 15,000 at Plainmoor in 1957/58?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Southampton Gull wrote: 28 Mar 2017, 10:06 Must be something in the family DNA of the respective families ;-)
I remember the game well. Hard fought 3-3 draw. We had to lock ourselves in the away dressing room as the Dartmouth players didn't appear to realise the game was over. Not sure if your uncle was involved in that SG (I couldn't see through the door and we certainly weren't going to open it to find out!) ;-)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I was always a YMRC follower, Utd were the Devils spawn to me. My Dad and another uncle plus Chinos brother, Uncle Dave all played for Rec. Those were the days.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

I used to watch both but preferred watching the REC at Coronation Park rather than walking up the hill to Longcross and encountering all the Townstal ruffians! ;-)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Didn't you play for Rec?

Your name is definitely familiar to me, I think you were mates with my Uncle Gareth (Widdecombe) and my father, Mike Floyd.
Dave

torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

No,Dave that would be Roger,who played for United and was a prolific goalscorer for them. Lots of people got us confused but we weren't related.
I knew Gareth-well if you lived in Kingswear as I did,or Dartmouth you knew everyone.Was your dad on the ferries?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Not on the ferries no, although he used to collect the cables for the higher ferry when he drove for Noss. Gareth is a double amputee now, I go down to see him as much as possible and get him a season ticket every year. Kingswear eh, wrong side of the water :)
Dave