Let's have the Facts ONLY please.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Let's have the Facts ONLY please.

Post by kevgull »

If we are in such a predicament, as most of us are starting to fear. Hearsay, conjecture and rumours are not going to help our cause, if we wish to fight Osborne and his Crony!

We have threads on Harrop's size, a New ground and talk of Phoenix club however I fear that the facts, if any, are being lost or defocused by our thoughts and anger.

Please don't post what you think you know post only what is documented or referenced

When we have all the facts, hopefully on one thread for all to view and know exactly what we are up against, only then, can we take decisive, coordinated action in order to save our club!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Terry Henry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Terry Henry »

Well, we know the Council are struggling for money - they have to make £21.5m of saving by 2020, on top of the £62m savings made over the last 6 years - http://www.torbay.gov.uk/council/financ ... et-201718/

That is my concern, and if there is any reason to sell Plainmoor it is for monetary reasons.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Kev you never find out.......................................................fair play.
Last edited by arcadia on 27 Mar 2017, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
stephen breed
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin
Favourite player: fowler

Post by stephen breed »

that to be fair is a very good posting kev gull
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

arcadia wrote: 27 Mar 2017, 17:37 Kev you never find out the truth until it's to late and we are playing on a council pitch. When a take over is in place it should be done for the right reasons.
Arcadia, this is a fact finding thread, not discussion. Please read my opening post again.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Terry Henry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Terry Henry »

On the same theme as my previous post, we know the Council has granted permission to build a new hotel, amidst quite a fierce opposition. So they have (very recent) 'previous' in making 'unpopular' decisions.
http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/201 ... -go-ahead/

As it happens, a large number of local people were 'for' the new hotel, and a lot were against it (according to that link, 2000 protested). I think there will be a similar split if Plainmoor comes up for sale.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

The Players fund is still open.
Do not know how many subscribers there are.
Not able to sign anymore players until next season.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

kevgull wrote: 27 Mar 2017, 17:43 Arcadia, this is a fact finding thread, not discussion. Please read my opening post again.
Equally the rumours (most of which to date, have come true) unite the forum and let's face it, it's all running perfectly at the moment for the demise of Torquay United. By the way kev, I'm not knocking your thread.
Lucy
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Terry Henry wrote: 27 Mar 2017, 17:55 On the same theme as my previous post, we know the Council has granted permission to build a new hotel, amidst quite a fierce opposition. So they have (very recent) 'previous' in making 'unpopular' decisions.
http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/201 ... -go-ahead/

As it happens, a large number of local people were 'for' the new hotel, and a lot were against it (according to that link, 2000 protested). I think there will be a similar split if Plainmoor comes up for sale.
Granted a new hotel based upon promises of new jobs, the repair of a bordering on derelict Pavilion and the redevelopment of a corner of the harbourside that has quite inexplicably had a car park on it for the past X number of decades. This following on shortly from the highly successful Abbey Sands development, undertaken just around the corner from the proposed development and in a similar style. This after the developer staying on board for years despite all sorts of setbacks and the developer having a strong track record of delivering projects.

Quite different to selling the freehold of the only professional sports club in the Bay, to a company who's direct association with the Bay is all of about four months old and has a highly dubious background record. Furthermore no one is protesting against the idea of development as they were with the Pavilions, people are getting angry because GI have given absolutely no evidence they're capable of the development or willing to spend any money on the club. They're sitting by and watching the club collapse on field while in comparison Nicholas James spent £1m on their Pavilion plans over the years and have a track record of impressive developments - GI have built NOTHING.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing I don't believe that Torbay Council couldn't turn into a cock-up but the two situations were quite different.
Last edited by SenorDingDong on 27 Mar 2017, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Player Fund details

Previous poster details:

There are a number of ways to make a donation:
1.* Transfer money by BACS direct from your account to ours (Account details below).
2.* Standing Order. Set up a standing order with your bank using the account details below. We can supply the standing order forms and send to your bank for you. You can complete this by calling into reception.
3. Credit/Debit card. You can ring the club or come into reception and give your card details.
4. Cheque. Make your cheque payable to ‘Torquay United FC’ and post or drop it off at the club.
*The account details are: Account Number 29193860, Sort Code 30-88-04. Please use your name as the reference.
Terry Henry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Terry Henry »

Not totally different, Senor. People were against the hotel, and their concerns were valid, even if others thought the hotel was a good idea.

Anyway, that isn't what this thread was about. I was just pointing out that a couple thousand protesters does not sway the Council...
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

If only the local rag and its sports "journalists" would break cover and report to the general public what is going on, then we might get more than a token support in the battle against GI.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

The only way to get what's happening into the media and out to the wider public is through stunts or protests. Give them a story and they'll report it.

in the mean time write emails to councillors, the mayor and your MP.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

No it's not 'the only way'! A reminder that the opening post on this thread did ask:
kevgull wrote: 27 Mar 2017, 17:23 Please don't post what you think you know post only what is documented or referenced
Here is what all people commenting on this subject should know and separate that from any other distraction such as calls for protests, demonstrations or disruption:

All we know is that GI have taken on a football club that doesn't own its ground; needed and needs immediate investment to survive, and even more investment to progress.
Presumably it is the new owners who are interested in buying the freehold and they will claim that that is the only way to secure the clubs long term future.
The alternative is administration and no professional football team in the bay. Whether the Mayor is reacting to that, or just sees an opportunity to realise an asset for his cash strapped administration, one can only speculate.