Let's have the Facts ONLY please.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

I've seen Kevin Mowat at Plainmoor, dont know if hes a big 'fan' but hes been to many a game
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Is it a fact that the school own some ripe development land and so it may be possible (if not a fact) that they could do a deal with GI to take plainmoor and use it for sports purposes (or whatever the restrictive covenants allow) and sell GI the development land and pocket the difference in price? This may not be a fact and may be something I picked up on one of the threads on here a while ago mistakenly. Would be interested if anyone knows this either way for sure though.

Another fact is that Osborne has zero interest in football or TUFC. Harrop will be acting under a general instruction to spend zero money and try and create as little discontent as possible (but spend no money doing this).

A final fact is that I hope somehow Kevin Nicholson gets the opportunity to publicise what has really been going on behind the scenes and expose these cretins in the future. He strikes me as the type of guy who would stick 2 fingers up to a confidentiality agreement to enable him to do so. Saying that, the spineless Herald Express would probably refuse to publish it.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I think you are referring to Quinta which the school currently uses for sport. It is council owned.

Your third fact isn't a fact, its an opinion.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

standupsitdown wrote: 28 Mar 2017, 13:31 I’ve had an email from TUST who do seem to have a lot in hand.
That's good to know. They have been pretty much spot on when it has come to keeping us as up to speed as anyone can with GI's quest for the freehold.
Chris_F
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Chris_F »

kevgull wrote: 28 Mar 2017, 10:34 Agree Terry it's not a tangible figure and it would be almost impossible for us to determine accurately.
However I would hazard a guess that local businesses will be able to confirm the upturn in local trade when TUFC are playing at home, especially when we are doing well.

Locals, Exiles, Away Fans and Guests will all spend money on a matchday, that's a fact.
The only thing that's it arguable is the amount.
Argyle quoted being in the championship was worth £5M p.a. to the local economy, naturally those figures grow exponentially as you progress up the pyramid have bigger stadia etc. However, they got their figures somewhere, I'll ask a few questions.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Just published on the club website this morning:

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... COCWvOL.99

CLUB UPDATE
Fans' Forum
It remains our firm intention to engage with fans in a variety of ways. We are keen, however, that this is a genuinely informative process, which can play an active role in planning for the Club’s future. At a management meeting last week we agreed the headline approach to a consultation process to be launched at Easter. This will include an online questionnaire/feedback process in addition to a “Forum” to be held shortly after the launch, and will commence an ongoing process of consultation/meetings as the Five-Year Plan is finalized and launched
The Board of Directors
A full board of directors, including significant local representation, will be announced when the Five-Year Plan is approved. It must be recognized that the role of a company director involves legal and professional responsibilities and should not be taken lightly. It is essential that this is approached in a cautious and business-like manner if we are to deliver the sustainable management structure which is required, and has been so sorely lacking.
Until such time as this can be properly delivered, I (Clarke Osborne) will remain as Interim Chairman and sole director
Plainmoor
We remain in discussions with Torbay Council to explore the possibility of the purchase of the freehold of the Plainmoor ground. There are a number of issues to be resolved (including contractual and financial terms) before this can be considered by a full Council committee (which will be fully disclosed and within the public arena). This will be fully and openly debated at the appropriate time.
Other
We had hoped to be at a more advanced stage of delivery across various areas by this time, however our progress has been frustrated by a number of internal issues following the change of ownership, which have proved both difficult and time-consuming.
Clarke Osborne
Torquay United Chairman

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... COCWvOL.99
TUST member 203
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

FACT!

Plainmoor

"We remain in discussions with Torbay Council to explore the possibility of the purchase of the freehold of the Plainmoor ground. There are a number of issues to be resolved (including contractual and financial terms) before this can be considered by a full Council committee (which will be fully disclosed and within the public arena). This will be fully and openly debated at the appropriate time."

Conjucture

They just want to purchase the freehold of Plainmoor !

The five year plan means completion of property development at Plainmoor and the winding up of Torquay United Football Club. Note: "we had hoped to be at a more advanced stage". I bet they did because the fact they are not prepared to put their hands in their pockets to save the club from relegation tells you all you need to know!
Last edited by MellowYellow on 29 Mar 2017, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

:goodpost:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Woods

Post by Soupdragon »

Here's some new intel.

The Overview & Scrutiny Committee (headed by Cllr Lewis, Tory, Preston, and made up of a politically balanced set of councillors, ie: predominantly Tory, two LDs, one 'other') has decided that it wants to see the Mowatt on the possible disposal of Plainmoor BEFORE it goes to the mayor at PDDG on 26 April, so that the report can be debated and a recommendation made to the mayor.

O&S is on 19 April, 5.30pm at the town hall, open to the public and you may speak, if you've registered in advance through democratic services. Obvs we don't know precisely what's on the agenda yet (published a week in advance on the council website) and, even if Plainmoor IS on the agenda, we cannot yet know whether Kevin Mowatt's report will be ready in time for that, especially as it's dependant on GI making its case.

The Tories on the O&S are all of the Tory group in opposition to the mayor, and while it is true that O&S is intended to provide checks and balances and act as a critical friend, this particular O&S committee consistently forgoes the 'friend' bit and could be viewed as antithetical to the mayor. In my view, they are likely to do anything to get one over on the mayor.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

The Mayor on ITV West Country was open and transparent in confirming that GI has not approached the Council on the freehold of Plainmoor. So what have the Overview & Scrutiny Committee got to review?

On the other hand In the Club statement GI say "We remain in discussions with Torbay Council to explore the possibility of the purchase of the freehold of the Plainmoor ground.

So who is lying or am I missing a salient point here!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

MellowYellow wrote: 02 Apr 2017, 13:52 The Mayor on ITV West Country was open and transparent in confirming that GI has not approached the Council on the freehold of Plainmoor. So what have the Overview & Scrutiny Committee got to review?

On the other hand In the Club statement GI say "We remain in discussions with Torbay Council to explore the possibility of the purchase of the freehold of the Plainmoor ground.

Didn't the mayor say he had had no contact with the owners. He didn't say the council had had no contact.
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Woods

Post by Soupdragon »

MellowYellow wrote: 02 Apr 2017, 13:52 The Mayor on ITV West Country was open and transparent in confirming that GI has not approached the Council on the freehold of Plainmoor. So what have the Overview & Scrutiny Committee got to review?

As I understand it, O&S wishes to review the report on which the mayor's decision will - at least in part - be based.

No one's lying: the mayor hasn't met GI to discuss this; GI has met with KM and LM; people refer to ' the council' as meaning any variation of mayor, councillors, officers/staff, and quite often don't even recognise the difference themselves.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

I received this email from Kevin Mowat today at 12.36

You are probably aware that the Council’s Forward Plan has an item that relates to Torquay United’s football ground at Plainmoor. The Forward Plan indicates that the Mayor will consider reviewing the lease arrangements at the ground; and notice of this proposed decision was first published on 9th November 2016. Currently the Mayor is scheduled to consider this matter on the 26th April 2017.

At the moment no documents have been published. All documents will normally be published at least five clear working days before the meeting. Where documents are not available five clear working days before the meeting, the documents will be published at the same time as they are made available to the decision maker.

This matter was first placed on the Forward Plan when the previous owners of Torquay United expressed an interest in acquiring the freehold interest at Plainmoor. The issue has remained on the Plan as the new owners have shown a similar interest. However, the date of a decision has continued to be deferred until the Mayor and Council officers have had the opportunity to consider a proposal. At the moment there is no proposal to consider and the decision may therefore be deferred once again.

The Mayor, Councillors and Council officers are very aware of the many concerns expressed by supporters regarding this matter. Many emails have been received that have highlighted the various areas of concern and some that have provided advice to the Mayor and myself. I have also met with the Torquay United Supporters Trust.

All of the points raised in your email, as well as the issues identified by other supporters will be given full consideration when the documents are prepared to assist the Mayor with his decision. The officer’s report on this matter has not been drafted as there are currently no detailed proposals to consider.

Torbay Council and Torquay United Football Club have agreed to issue joint statements on this matter going forward.

I hope I have been able to provide you with some reassurance on this matter.
TUST number 080
Wraysburygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Welsh

Post by Wraysburygull »

So did I , word for word at about the same time